List of underrated jobs that brings huge income in nigeria

Jamoflondon

Verified member
These days in nigeria, I noticed that everyone, specifically the youths are selective when it comes to choosing jobs and businesses, they want to be seen doing a business that is more presentable, the ones that can actually brag on and the reason is that they see some other jobs as the ones that can’t be proud of because they think that it is not a job that one can be bold enough to showcase it to the world, they have forgotten the quote that says that there is dignity in labour, having say that, I believe it covers all kinds of legal jobs there is, now I have a short list of some works that are being avoided in nigeria today;

1. Charcoal business
2. Recycling business
3. Agricultural business

1. Charcoal business: It is the buying and selling of charcoals, people have forgotten that this thing is being used for so many things and they neglect it because of the diets that are being attached to it.

2. Recycling business: Doing this work, you can actually become wealthy, people doing are making tons of millions and I am certain about that but nobody wants to do so they leave it for the illiterates and the people living in the rural areas to make it a source of living.

3. Agricultural business: nobody wants to farm nowadays because they see farmers as a commoner that does not have a life but the wise rich ones beginning to invest in it though.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The recycling business you're talking about then what type of products are we recycling because he had a lot of people who are buying metal material to recycle, those people that are engaging in this business over here seems not to really make money because if it was really profitable most of them could have make so much money and you would have seen it in them, agricultural business is lucrative anywhere in the world because Agricultural produce will be needed as long as there is human existence.. I don't know much about charcoal but if I may ask what will it be used for over here ?

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
To be honest, this poster has made sense to me, although there are more jobs like these ones that are not given attention and they chose to go for the ones that can brag on, like the poster said in the thread, only the smart ones will realize this and even the ones that know will be ashamed of doing it because they are afraid that they will not be respected in the society doing that type of work which is a very wrong thought, it should not be like that but who wants to listen, most of them live by trend

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are several underrated businesses that can actually bring a lot of profit to many people but I have observed that a lot of people have neglected such businesses for a long time. This does not mean that there are not people doing such business but the number of people doing it is quite very low which means that the competition in such a business is low and that is one of the reasons why it is lucrative. Like you have stated, agricultural business is definitely one of the best type of business anyone can venture into because of the low risk it has and you can definitely start no matter the amount of money you have. Agriculture has a lot of branches that people can venture into and make some good amount of money such as poultry farming and vegetable farming. these two kind of businesses are very lucrative and if you can venture into them in a very good location then your start the chance of making a lot of money. Poultry farming for example is very lucrative during festive seasons even in ordinary seasons there are many people who still patronizing such businesses. vegetable farming on the other hand is also very lucrative especially during dry season or summer.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Nigerians are generally hustlers and they are very resourceful and industrious, we are strong and very intelligent, there are many other nationals that will find it very difficult to stay here in this country and hustle like a Nigerian. That is why Nigerians are always doing so well whenever they have the opportunity of leaving the country because they would have a more better environment to showcase their God's given skills and unique abilities, one other unique thing about Nigerians is that there is hardly any country of the world today that you will not find a single Nigerian this shows us how much we love to explore new things and acquire new ways of doing things.

In Nigeria you will find alot of strange things that people do and you might wonder how they manage to make a living out of this strange kind of hustling, for some they even see begging of alms as a way to survive and many who do that have indeed made a fortune out of this trade. There are others who go around to pick up scraps, then they gather the scraps together and resell them to those iron making companies and many has made a fortune from it.