Lodpress.com- A Nigerian Get Paid To Write Platform

Etini

Valued Contributor
For Nigerians, we have been wondering which sites we can write articles on and get paid online. Opera news hub was the only semblance of that kind of service in Nigeria. In my search, I found a site that offers to pay Nigerians for writing articles online. The site is called Lodpress. The URL is lodpress.com. A potential writer has to sign up on the site to get started.

The site accepts sound articles on any genre at all. There are no limitations to niches you can write on. A writer can write on fashion, sports, politics, and any other sector.

The site pays based on the number of views you have on your article. They use IP addresses to trace the location of the views. That is because different locations have different rates that they pay. The payment is done per 1000 views. If an article has 1000 views from the United States, the author is paid $15, if the 1000 views are from the UK, the writer is paid $10, and 1000 views from the United Arab Emirates earn the writer $8. 100 Views from other counties pay $5. They pay through PayPal. What do you think of this Nigerian site?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Wow, this is actually a very good platform here and can make you a whole lot of money if you capitalise on it. I think they pay is quite fair compared to a lot of other article writing platforms I have come across especially those who are based in Nigeria.

If you're a good writer it is actually an opportunity for you to make some good amount of money for yourself. A tip to succeed on the platform is that you must be very good in search engine optimisation.

If you can do a very good keyword research on your articles you can easily attract a lot of views from the United States which will probably make you some good amount of money.

But I am quite sceptical because PayPal is not allowed in Nigeria and the platform is based in Nigeria. Why are there using PayPal for payment instead of paying directly to bank accounts or even Cryptocurrency?.

Etini

Valued Contributor
So a person who doesn't understand search engine optimization would be at a disadvantage trying to earn on this site. That means someone like me would be writing about things and publishing on the site without any search engine optimization. That means I won't earn nothing because I was wondering how we would get to have views up to 1000 from USA and United Arab Emirates. I now understand that SEO is the deal breaker.

The rate is fair as per the Nigerian standard. Other sites are paying $100 for just one article. I believe one day we would get there in Nigeria. We didn't even use to have sites that paid people to write articles before. For the very fact that some are springing up now is a sign that we are improving. Soon, we would have sites that would pay up to $100 for one article. Happening soon.

Shaf

Verified member
My first red flag is that they pay through PayPal. PayPal is not a legitimate way of withdrawing money now in Nigeria, so why would a Nigerian site pay their users money that way? Even Opera News Hub paid using Opay which the average Nigerian can use.

The issue of source of traffic matters too. To attract traffic from other countries, you need to write on certain topics and the pay seems small too compared to the effort you have to put in. It will be worth it though if the site is really legit, so I would check it out.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I understand your points and your arguments. PayPal is not a legitimate payment platform. In Nigeria. I don't know if it is because the sites don't have many options in finding a payment method, that is why they still need to use PayPal even as a Nigerian site. Or it could be that their site did not target Nigeria and Nigerians as a major market segment. I understand your pain. Crypto is not a legal payment medium in Nigeria but we are still taking payments through crypto. We had to find a way around it. Maybe them sites knew we always found ways around every thing. There are sites where PayPal is the sole payment option and Nigerians are more than any other nationality there.

We have always been finding ways around things. We would still run PayPal own. I have been receiving payment from site that offer only Paypal as an option.

Squamation

What method are you using to accept crypto payments? I too was struggling to find a crypto payment processor that supports my country and discovered Capitalwallet and Coingate. Though transaction fee is 1% with latter one which is a bit more on pocket when I looked at former one which has 0.5% which is pretty impressive.