Forex Losing is part of learning Forex trading

Victorial

Experts do say that losing your money is part of learning forex trading. Of course, we do not want to agree with that but it does seem it is a bitter truth. One goal we have in all kinds of businesses is to make profits by all means. Forex is no exception. It is an online business and it even provides you a source of employment as you can be on your route to financial freedom.

With that said, you have to learn how to deal with losses when they come. They say winners never quit and quitters are not winners. So when you place a trade and it doesn't go well, learn from it. That is how you learn from the wrong moves that cost you your money. As for me, I am always scared of losses and that is why I do close trades very early.

Closing trades very early has cost me to lose many profits because I am always hoping that this trade will not go well. Even if the trade is placed at the right time and the right entry, I am always scared that it would end in losses.

Each trader should deal with losses and fears

Wharf

Winning and losing are a part of the trade, but trade losses make you learn how not to trade. A smart trader will always learn from mistakes and ensure not to repeat them. Moreover, if a trader has implemented good risk management strategies, then he can reduce the risk of heavy losses.

HeavLeighGill

It's normal to lose from time to time. I started thinking of it in the way that you would invest money to start up a business, so any money I lose is considered part of my investment into trading, which eventually pays off.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Experts do say that losing your money is part of learning forex trading. Of course, we do not want to agree with that but it does seem it is a bitter truth. One goal we have in all kinds of businesses is to make profits by all means. Forex is no exception. It is an online business and it even provides you a source of employment as you can be on your route to financial freedom.

With that said, you have to learn how to deal with losses when they come. They say winners never quit and quitters are not winners. So when you place a trade and it doesn't go well, learn from it. That is how you learn from the wrong moves that cost you your money. As for me, I am always scared of losses and that is why I do close trades very early.

Closing trades very early has cost me to lose many profits because I am always hoping that this trade will not go well. Even if the trade is placed at the right time and the right entry, I am always scared that it would end in losses.

Each trader should deal with losses and fears
From your last paragraph I noticed there are times you did it absolutely right but you couldn't just control the fear. I'm encouraging you to deal with your fear sometimes, especially a time like this

destinyrim

Losing will only help you in learning if you are taking some time to reflect over your mistakes. Some traders start over trading in order to recover their losses. With the mindset of revenge, no one can actually learn anything. It’s very important to take your losses positively and try to understand the reason for your failure.

Thanosis

@destinyrim I agree that losing is actually a part of learning. Taking it positively will make you find out all the mistakes that you made in a trade. You can avoid these mistakes in the future and end up making profit through successful trades.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Practice is of huge importance when Forex is involved... One must practice being unsentimental about placing orders.

I must say that practice is required in every kind of trading and business activity. This is because it is always a good thing to learn before you dive into something. For example, when you join army, you do not join it directly. There are many processes you need to go through before you could become a soldier. You must train hard, work harder, pass many kinds of tests. In fact, many people train for a longer periods of time, before they could actually become a part of armed forces. The same is the case with trading cryptocurrencies or fiat currencies. I remember getting into cryptocurrency trading without practicing and learning how to trade and I suffered a lot.

I also made the mistake of investing a huge amount. I am still learning many things that are related to trading cryptocurrencies and I must say that I have many things to learn. Cryptocurrency trading or forex trading is not so simple as many people think. Even many "experts" end up making totally unreliable and inaccurate predictions and many traders end up suffering from loss as a result of that. No one could have predicted the massive cryptocurrency market downfall that happened a few days ago.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Yes you might lose many profits when you close your trade early and when you see that if you waited for some minutes or hours, you would have made lots of profits. This will pain you.
But to tell you the truth. The best thing to do to be successful trading is to close your trade early , when you have made a little profit. Because I have also waited for more time and gained lots of profits. But at the end of it, I do eventually lose my money.
If I only take profit when I have made little gain and not wait for more time to see the gain increase. I would have never lost my money.
Greediness is what makes us lose our money. So it is best to practice money management in every of our trade and never be greedy in any of our trades.
You can try it today and you will see that you will never lose your trade again. Though you will not earn huge profit, but there will be security on your fund and you will earn reasonable percentage at the end of the month.

Nimrod

Great words! If you can’t handle your losses, you should not waste your time in the market. It’s better not to trade at all than to overtrade.

Dita Walczak

Verified member
Flourished trade management is highly essential for traders. Use low trading spread, moderate leverage, using flexible margin leverage are all part of trade management. FXOpulence offers such a reliable trading platform which is free of technical errors. The broker offers more than 28 trading pairs.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Flourished trade management is highly essential for traders. Use low trading spread, moderate leverage, using flexible margin leverage are all part of trade management. FXOpulence offers such a reliable trading platform which is free of technical errors. The broker offers more than 28 trading pairs.

There are many things a trader must realise before they jump into the market. Trading in the Forex market is not that easy. If it were that easy, then all the people would have had been involved in this market and they all would have had made tons of money. The good thing about Forex market is the fact that it is a very old market. There are many things we should know before we invest money in the Forex currencies.

Using Stop Loss Correctly

A trader must know how they should utilise stop loss. using stop loss is one of the most effective ways to limit your losses in case if the market does not go into the direction you want it to go.

Volatility

This is also one of the major factors. Volatility could have a huge impact ion your investments. You may place a stop loss, but in case if you invest in a really volatile asset, then it may trigger stop loss quite quickly. This usually happens a lot when you trade gold because it is considered much more volatile than Forex currencies.

There are many other things you should know. Trading in currency markets and commodity markets require experience, knowledge, and skills. Unfortunately, not all the people possess these things.

FXOpen Trader

There are many things a trader must realise before they jump into the market. Trading in the Forex market is not that easy. If it were that easy, then all the people would have had been involved in this market and they all would have had made tons of money. The good thing about Forex market is the fact that it is a very old market. There are many things we should know before we invest money in the Forex currencies.

Using Stop Loss Correctly

A trader must know how they should utilise stop loss. using stop loss is one of the most effective ways to limit your losses in case if the market does not go into the direction you want it to go.

Volatility

This is also one of the major factors. Volatility could have a huge impact ion your investments. You may place a stop loss, but in case if you invest in a really volatile asset, then it may trigger stop loss quite quickly. This usually happens a lot when you trade gold because it is considered much more volatile than Forex currencies.

There are many other things you should know. Trading in currency markets and commodity markets require experience, knowledge, and skills. Unfortunately, not all the people possess these things.

When we are making use of the Stop loss in doing our trades into the markets then we will be able to control the amount of losses we are getting and also become better traders.