Make Extra Money With These 5 Summer Side Gigs

Yusra3

Banned
If you're looking for a quick way to make some extra cash, I got the perfect solution. Here are five summer side gigs you can start today:

1. Host a craft night at your place of worship and sell the goods on Etsy or Amazon.

2. Start an Etsy shop where you'll sell handmade items, such as jewelry or decoupage plates.

3. Sign up for Lyft or Uber and pick up extra cash by offering rides to people in need during the summer months (or any time of year!).

4. Do some local volunteering like organizing a food drive or helping with a community garden project and list it on your resume so that when it comes time to apply for jobs, employers will see how responsible you are!

5. If you're looking for a flexible job that lets you use your skills outdoors and away from home, look no further than being a camp counselor. You'll be able to spend your days interacting with kids and teens while earning some money in the process. check out list of 20+ summer camps that hire counselors on google.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am not interested in outdoor jobs like driving for uber or even organizing campaigns for money, however, I am more into selling via Etsy or Amazon. While selling on Amazon is a little complicated as you are supposed to send your products to the Amazon warehouse before you can sell, selling on Etsy is comparatively easy. However, Etsy seems to have higher selling fees, you not only have to pay for product listing but also offer selling commissions as well as payment processing fees. Just like any other platforms, etsy is also a competitive market. Therefore, you might have to spend hundreds of dollars before you can generate sales. Without running ads, it is really difficult to sell on Etsy. If you want to sell on Amazon, either try digital products like ebook or start selling print on demand products. Both of these methods are completely free o start.