Make money by starting a blog (Steps)

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to set up your own blog.

1. Pick a blog name of your choice: give your blog is very simple and easy name. Your name choice should depend on what you want your blog to be used for. An easy name should also be considered because it will be easy for people to memorize.

2. Sign up to WordPress or blogger.com: blogger is a free blogging and hosting website owned by Google. You can create a simple blog by just signing up with your email and start posting articles, you'll be given a free domain and hosting. WordPress on the other hand will give you a free .WordPress.com domain extension but you'll pay for hosting on WordPress. you can choose to buy a custom domain of your choice from bluehost or other domain and hosting websites.

3. Customise your blog: the next step is to customise your blog. I bet you don't want your blog looking shattered. you can apply different themes some of whichever are free.

4. Write and publish your first post: After customising your free blog, you can go ahead and create your first post. Your post should be related to your ninch, this way, Google can easily index your site.

5. Promote your blog: Share your blog link on social media platforms and get more visitors. This requires hardworking and steady blog posting.

6. Make money blogging: you can choose to monitize your blog by signing up for an ad network. You can also earn money as an affiliate marketer by referring visitors from your site to make purchases of goods with your affiliate link.
In conclusion, i followed this steps and made a very good blog for myself. You can check out www.myengineeringquest.com.ng to get a sample of how your blog would look like if you follow this steps. Blogging requires patience and consistency, so you ought to work hard in order to earn from it.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Whenever I am asked to recommend a way of making money online for people especially for students or people who do not want to quit their job in order to do it , I usually go for blogging because it actually fits in a lot of personality . You can actually start a blog with as low as $50 that you are going to use to pay for hosting and you can start monetizing it almost right away .

The most important thing about starting your blogging career is to actually choose what you are going to be writing about . It is very important that you should go for something that you are very passionate about and you are not just doing it because other people are doing it as well .

You should also be able to choose a very good domain name for your business and it should be something that your target audience can be able to easily remember and interact with . It is also very important that your blog should not be filled with ads and also it should be something that people can be able to access it on their phone and in their computers seamlessly.