Making Money on YouTube: Understanding Youtube Algorithm

Mika

VIP Contributor
In order to succeed on youtube, you need to understand how the youtube algorithm actually works.

Youtube is not trying to find viewers for your videos. Instead, it will show videos based on the topics the viewers are interested in. This is how the youtube algorithm works. Therefore, if you are not tapping into the idea that people are trying to see on youtube, you will not get views. You need to understand how large the audience for your chosen niche for the content is.

Another major thing to know about youtube algorithm is the frequency of video uploads. Youtube puts content creators on the fronts that are more frequent with their content creation. If you were publishing every week and if you do not post for several weeks, you will see your views will drastically go down.

One of the most important lessons you need to understand about youtube is the volume of content you create. You need to create a lot of content and of course, you need to create in regular intervals (frequency).

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Here are a couple of things that you might also have experienced as well:
One day my nephew took my phone and started watching kids video on my phone. The very next day, a lot of kids videos were appearing on my youtube feed.
I once day searched for a topic on youtube and checked the first video on the search result. Now, my youtube home page features a lot of videos from that content creator and on the topics.
One day I was watching youtube shorts, and when I liked the video, I went to check your profile. I did not subscribe but I started seeing a lot of videos form this content creator.
Do you know why things like these happen?
If you understand what these things happen and how they happen, I think you understand how exactly youtube algorithm actually works and what you need to do in order to get ranked on youtube or get features on someone's feed.