Making the workplace accident-proof

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic is very applicable to factories and warehouses where most of accidents in the workplace occur. In the news lately is the issue of the safety engineer to check the factories and other businesses for the prevention of accidents in the workplace. The news report included actual accidents that occurred due to negligence and that also covered the incidents of fire and deaths.

Unlike in the US, there is no safety engineer in our government agencies. What we have for the local government of the town or city are the health inspectors who issue certification to the business after the inspection. Even in restaurants there should be a certificate of inspection by the safety engineer. In a food court of one mall here I almost slipped when the front of their counter was wet with water. I complained to the manager of the mall and since then the place was always cleaned. A friend who works in the insurance company said that if I had an accident the mall would have a civil case.

Briangsam

Making a workplace accident-free is very essential. But in a case of any accident, a root cause analysis must be carried out. A root cause is a fundamental, underlying, system-related reason why an incident occurred that identifies one or more correctable system failures. A root cause analysis allows an employer to discover the underlying or systemic, rather than the generalized or immediate, causes of an incident. So it is very important to make a workplace accident-proof.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

You can make the workplace accident prove by putting some kind of machineries in place or equipment in place to prevent any hazard.simple equipment that is being put in place in order to make workplace accident prove our fire extinguisher balconies in important places like staircase, and also making sure the grasses are very low in order to prevent animals like snake in the office environment.

Mellorando

Banned
This is best applicable to a company or industry that deals on making or using machines to make other products for example a wood making industry is believed to have a lot of machines and to avoid different hazardous accident safety precautions must be applied these include putting the missions in order and arranging them in a proper way

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
This topic is very applicable to factories and warehouses where most of accidents in the workplace occur. In the news lately is the issue of the safety engineer to check the factories and other businesses for the prevention of accidents in the workplace. The news report included actual accidents that occurred due to negligence and that also covered the incidents of fire and deaths.

Unlike in the US, there is no safety engineer in our government agencies. What we have for the local government of the town or city are the health inspectors who issue certification to the business after the inspection. Even in restaurants there should be a certificate of inspection by the safety engineer. In a food court of one mall here I almost slipped when the front of their counter was wet with water. I complained to the manager of the mall and since then the place was always cleaned. A friend who works in the insurance company said that if I had an accident the mall would have a civil case.
This is very informative and educative. Though am hearing about accident proof for the first time and it some important that most of our company suppose to eemcourage.