Microjob Sites Vs Freelancing Sites

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
When you want to make money online, the easiest way to get started is by joining micro job sites. However, if you want to make good income by working online, freelancing sites are the ultimate destination.

On most micro job sites you do not have to compete with anyone for selling your service or getting hired. On micro job sites you will see different kinds of jobs posted and you can choose the ones that suits you and start working. However, on freelancing site, you will have to wait for people to buy your service or approve your job application in order to work and make money.

You do not need skills and experience if you want to work online because most jobs available on micro job sites do not require any skills. For instance you are required to sign up for a website, watch video, follow social accounts, download and install apps, etc. However, on freelancing sites you need skills and expertise. You also need prior experience with the job.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I was not yet working online but I knew about Fiverr and Upwork. I even created my account on Upwork when I was still with my day job. However, I did not know about micro jobs and micro job platforms until I started working online. I registered on a couple of micro job platforms but never worked on any of the tasks, I joined just to see what kind of money-making opportunities these platforms offer. I was already earning from freelancing sites and made $50-$100 per task, therefore, I had no intention of working on hundreds of micro-tasks to make $5-$10. However, I don't want to discourage people who want to use these platforms. Even though I am not working, I still believe these are some of the best platforms to make money online if you do not have professional skills and if you cannot find jobs on freelance marketplaces.