Monetize your Hobbies

raaman

Valued Contributor
The Internet has democratized the concept of work and has made it possible for many people to work on what we are passionate about. Even if you have a traditional job, you can monetize your hobbies.

Thus, you can make it compatible with your job. The digital transformation of business leaves us endless opportunities to earn money. You can always learn about some of those activities on weekends, and free time.

You can put this into practice to earn extra income without leaving home. Ideally, your hobbies can generate extra income related to your passion, and you can enjoy it even more when you allow time for it.

What kind of hobbies are monetizable? Normally during online activities we will meet people who have online hobbies, like writing, surfing, playing games and creating something; all of these can be monetized. People just need to make their hobbies online; if they have an offline hobby, then they can make videos of it to monetize via YouTube.

Doing something you like doing and still making money at the same time is a really great way to live.While we don’t typically get into hobbies to make money, some of them can become a stream of income if you take it seriously enough. Depending on how you direct your talents and interests, you can get anything from free stuff to extra spending money to a full-fledged business where you sell things online—all by doing something you might’ve done anyway.This are some of the hobbies that could easily be monetized Writing 1
Illustration and design 2
Music 3
Cooking 4
Gardening 5
Photography 6
DIY crafts 7
Comedy 8
Coffee 9
Memberships 10
Brewing beer 11
Gaming e.t.c

There is no hobby on Earth that cannot be monetized. Even reading because there are some sites that pay people for reading and summarizing articles. Is it gardening, people can plant vegetables, harvest them and take to the market for sales. Is it programming, there are a lot of programmers making cool cash doing what they love best. I repeat, all hobbies on Earth can be monetized, it's just for people to be conscious of that and take advantage.

With the word monetize, I can think of one thing that is YouTube and blogs. But, I guess with the latest rules of YouTube monetization is a tougher task than that of blog, because YouTube has video ads that they recommend on the video, and blog ads are a different thing. But, still monetization is a thing where you need patience more.

Monetization is a way of turning One idea in to money.
Country as turned to something else by which one just need to think wisely by using what you have in your score(head) .
Now are days handywork is very important because the unemployment in the country is higher rate. As a graduate for example one just need to make sure that one utilize any opportuning that Comes one's way.

Poorly written
Doing something you like the most is what is called hubby. So getting money from what you are doing is what is refer to monetizing it. Therefore monetizing you hobby is making people to pay for what you like doing.

I agree with your views! In fact I used to make money on regular basis by submitting the Cartoons on weekly basis to the local and national newspapers that were published in English, when I was in my college. I used to submit these cartoons journalism once in a month and the Newspapers used to publish them every week and used to pay me!

Similarly I used to write a column in these newspapers based on the Science which were again published and being paid by these newspapers!

Thus my hobby of writing / journalism used got me enough of money as a student since I have monetized.

My hobby is writing. I have been writing poems and stories right from my elementary school. But I stopped when I was in high school because I noticed the era of reading printing material has gone and besides there was not much time for me. I had tried to monetize this by writing and uploading on some sites but I discover they don't give new writers much recognition there.

I agree with your views! In fact I used to make money on regular basis by submitting the Cartoons on weekly basis to the local and national newspapers that were published in English, when I was in my college. I used to submit these cartoons journalism once in a month and the Newspapers used to publish them every week and used to pay me!

Similarly I used to write a column in these newspapers based on the Science which were again published and being paid by these newspapers!

Thus my hobby of writing / journalism used got me enough of money as a student since I have monetized.
In my country, this is called freelancing and you are not paid for doing it. You will even be the one begging the newspaper to publish your contents. This is demoralizing to me. And this won't even motivate the young ones to be a content writer. I have this dream as a young writer then but I didn't pursue it because I know it won't be adequately rewarded.

In my country, this is called freelancing and you are not paid for doing it. You will even be the one begging the newspaper to publish your contents. This is demoralizing to me. And this won't even motivate the young ones to be a content writer. I have this dream as a young writer then but I didn't pursue it because I know it won't be adequately rewarded.
Unfortunately this is unethical and I am sorry to know that you people are not paid for your free lancing! It is a matter of your right that you should get your efforts being paid! This they must be doing more with the new writers or young writers, which is not in good taste!

There are so many things people do on daily basis but they don't really know that they can monetize these things. that is the reason why it is very important for people to think critically and find ways of making money with what they love doing. There are people who started blogging as a hobby and they were consistent enough because they loved what they were doing even without carrying money in their mind.

There are so many things people do on daily basis but they don't really know that they can monetize these things. that is the reason why it is very important for people to think critically and find ways of making money with what they love doing. There are people who started blogging as a hobby and they were consistent enough because they loved what they were doing even without carrying money in their mind.
That is true! I agree with you. I also started blogging and I must have posted some hundreds of posts in my blogs but I couldn't make any money from there so far for I have not made my blog SEO friendly! In such events the hobby remains as hobby only and we are unable to make any money out of it:D

If hobby is monetized it will be a job and no longer a hobby because in a hobby we spend our free time to get some distraction like for example go to practice sports at a place for practicing sports but become a professionnal player then you start having income from playing like for example football or basketball then it becomes a job.