money myths we hear all the time—but can actually hold you back from getting rich

Billionaire mind

There's so much money advice out there that it can be difficult to differentiate the good ones from the bad ones.

1. To make money, you have to worry about money.
"The more time I spend thinking about money, the less time I have to think of the next great idea that can make money. Overthinking always limits creativity.

2. Stick to the status quo if you want to get rich.
"Don't be romantic about how you make money. Whether you're an entrepreneur or an employee, your current revenue stream isn't necessarily how you'll make money in the future.

3. Save your pennies and watch the dollars grow.
"Many people will tell you to invest in the stock market and let compound interest turn your paychecks into millions. The problem with that advice is that you have to work for 40 years.
Instead, invest in yourself by learning a skill you can monetize. If you're always sharpening new skills, you'll make incrementally more money.

4. Financial success relies on past performance.
"Companies like Blockbuster, Pets.com and MySpace were household names — until they crashed. In contrast, many that Wall Street dismisses outperform the market significantly.
The right investments are the ones that genuinely interest you, whether that's Bitcoin, stocks or any other asset classes. If you talk to people, read the news and actually use the products you invest in, you'll have a better understanding of where your investments should go than the 'experts' do."

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Nice post! The more you think about this, the less you achieve. You are not in a better form to be creative when you over think. So many people have their opinions on how to make money, you have to discover what works for you. Have a clear definition of what you want and how to achieve it then you might excel in your space.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don't know why the post makee giggles. Maybe because the myths sounds funny to me. The first myth sounds somebow though, do people actually worry about money well maybe because I do not worry about things in life, I just believe that whatever be will be. it might just be a major or minor set back but things will still falls into place it is a matter of time.

I try to break all stereotypes when it comes to making money I don't even want to know the myths because I detest limitations so when I'm out to work for money I move at once. Maybe it is more of when we get to the bridge we would cross for me, so I just move and Hope that things will turn out tight

So I think people should have the same mindset towards making money just go for what you believe will work for you forget about the myths, they might just be the figment of one's imagination and that's it.