Narcissists and Relationships

KingsleyAD

Narcissists and Relationships

Manly learned a lot about narcissists through her elder brother and her experiences dealing with them. “I’ve learned that narcissists are the centre of their own life. They typically feel they’re flawless and blame others for troubles that emerge at work, home, or social situations,” she adds.

Narcissists may do whatever it takes to acquire what they desire. They typically don’t feel compassion and can’t connect personally with others, even the individuals who are closest to them.

At work, a narcissist may crave acclaim, even if it damages others. They may take credit for other people’s efforts, undercut co-workers, or modify their conduct to win favour from higher-level colleagues. They may appear nice and hard-working, but there’s typically more to it than meets the eye.

At home, a narcissist may damage the entire family. If you’re in an intimate relationship with a narcissist, they may be excessively critical of you, aloof, and dismissive. You might feel unnoticed, disregarded, and lonely. If you’re a kid of a narcissist, you may have been neglected or mistreated.

Sometimes it’s better to break relations with a narcissist, particularly if they’re abusive.

“For my mental health, I’ve opted to stand back from engaging in a personal connection with my sibling,” She realizes that her brother doesn’t perceive their conduct as an issue and because her sibling has no drive for self-growth, a continuous connection would just lead to further aggravation.

If you’re in a relationship with a narcissist, expect it to be tough. “Buckle up, it will be a pretty rough ride,” “It will be an enormously stressful relationship.”