No Free Withdrawal from Gemini

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
The Gemini exchange will no longer offer free cryptocurrency withdrawals as of June 15.

Only the first ten withdrawals per year were free; after that, fees were charged; however, the free withdrawal period now has ended.

On social media, many people are suggesting people to withdraw funds from Gemini before June 15th, and they are being reprimanded by Gemini supporters who are seeking to teach people that even banks are not free; earlier, Gemini paid the expenditures, but now they can't. However, the vast majority of people disagree.

According to the sources, Gemini is having financial difficulties, and the company just cut 10% of its staff due to unpredictable market conditions. As a result, it's unsurprising that they'll change their policy on free cryptocurrency withdrawals in order to make more money.

The logic against supporters is that exchange platforms profit from trading costs, and while some platforms, such as Binance, cover blockchain fees, charging extra is simply a greedy move by Gemini.

mathawmio

The transaction fees on this exchange are much higher than other exchanges like Binance. When I consulted the fee at the link >> gemini.com/fees, I was really shocked. They seem to like collecting taxes. :)

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
The transaction fees on this exchange are much higher than other exchanges like Binance. When I consulted the fee at the link >> gemini.com/fees, I was really shocked. They seem to like collecting taxes. :)
That was only good APR and free withdraw which made Gemini popular, now it is drowning, so it stopped free withdrawal only to discourage people. The best thing is to get your assets off from Gemini, and use some other platforms, much better if use wallet where you own the keys.

Abessive

As far as I know most crypto wallets charge mining fees for withdrawals if you want to withdraw funds in cryptocurrencies. The focus should be to find a wallet that charges lower transaction fees. I am using Capital Wallet, they charge 0.50% which I think is reasonable.