Open company in Delaware - need advice!

AshleyW

I am planning to incorporate a company in Delaware (possibly an LLC). Does anyone know the cost to incorporate in Delaware? How long will it take? How much is it to do it yourself vs. hiring a company formation service? What are the yearly costs associated? (ie. filing fees, etc.). I want to have my budget fully prepared beforehand.
Thanks in advance!

S

seemeinthemorning

This is from my own experience.

Filing fee is $89 for a one-page certificate of incorporation, plus $9 for each additional page (typically 2 pages). So, $98 filing fee. Sometimes
Delaware is slow to process filings, so paying an extra $50 for 24-hour service may be worth it. You'll need a registered agent in Delaware, usually costs $50/year.
So figure your filing fees and registered agent fees at $148 to $198. And every year you'll have to pay a franchise tax, which starts at about $350.

Some service companies will help you for low fee, plus the state filing fees, frequently in combination with registered agent service. Their experience may help you to save time and even money in the long run. You may want to compare several for pricing and services offered. (I personally did my incorporation at bbcincorp and paid to get it done quick. It was the simplest way to do it for me. I did not retain them for any other use because I wanted a local Delaware company for my issues)