Health Insurance Prison Inmates Social Health Insurance Programme

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Plagiarism warning
Normally when we see this topics what will firstly go in to our mind is that; how is it possible for Social Health Insurance Program cater for the well being of the Criminal,the convicted and this bad people?

But I will also let you to know that not all the Inmate are criminal or the convicted person. Some of them is just find them self there as a coincidence.

Therefore;this very programme is designed for convicted persons in prisons and Borstal Homes nationwide.

HEALTH BENEFITS
The health benefit package covers common illnesses.

CONTRIBUTION
The contribution will be fully paid for by the Federal Government.

ADMINISTRATION
The National Health Insurance Scheme, using private and public health facilities that meet NHIS standards, will directly administer this programme.

HOW THE PROGRAMME WORKS
An inmate of a prison or borstals home will be issued an identity card, which will be presented to a designated Health Care Provider whenever I'll. NHIS will be responsible for paying the Health Care Provider for services rendered.

How did you see this programme?

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Even without this kind of health insurance, an inmate should be able to get insured, to be serious, I have been willing to ask a particularly question, what if the client got an insurance plan before he or she got to prison, will the policy still hold and active enough

Nite

Valued Contributor
I think this programme is okay. Besides, prisoners are in constant contact with all kinds of people who come in and out of the prison all the time. So, this constant movement makes it all the more important to control any contagious disease within the prison so that it doesn't spread outside. Plus in the era of Coronavirus, it all becomes kind of necessary.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Even without this kind of health insurance, an inmate should be able to get insured, to be serious, I have been willing to ask a particularly question, what if the client got an insurance plan before he or she got to prison, will the policy still hold and active enough
You are very correct. I equally believe that there are some people who have insured them self before they got in to that problem of becoming an inmate so therefore; since the insured person has been good in paying his/ her premium very well before the incident. The insurance company will make a findings on the issue and if there customer is found not guilty of the case they even hire a lawyer for the person and bale him out. But in other way round if fund guilty if the case they know how to calculate the premium been paid and continued to remit the interest to the persons family.
Note: If the persons family also take action by approaching the insurance company to know about the issue on ground.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Firstly, regardless of the the type of person one might be I think everyone should have the right to be able to get an insurance plan. To me, either you are bad or good person, you should be able to get what you want or need as long as you have the necessary requirements

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't think they do implement this policy in my country. They do stigmatize against inmates whereas they deserve our love. The last time I made a visitation to prison for charity, I promised never to be there again when I saw the inhuman treatments meted on these people unjustly.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I don't think there is any insurance as such , but it's still okay if such type of insurance is launched and established , atleast most prisoners go through a lot in the cell and could get sick ,and they are humans too and nothing is bad insuring their health,