Promoting the business in the movie scenes

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There was a time that I produced a movie. I learned the trick of getting sponsors to lessen the expense of production. We approached a classy restaurant to sponsor a scene where the hero would be dating a girl in their restaurant. The benefit they will get is that we shall feature their restaurant in the movie. The scene proceeded with the dinner date. The food were also provided free of charge.

When the movie was shown in the theaters I noticed that the restaurant got a free advertisement. Not really free because they spent for the shooting of the scene. As long as the movie is shown on national tv that advertisement will be there. I guess it is worth the expense to sponsor a scene in a movie which would feature the business. They also do that when they need an office or a resort in the movie.

That has become a trend these days. I have seen that happening in many Bollywood movies these days. They get many sponsors from restaurants, noodle companies to other brands. These brands get featured in various scenes in the movies. I guess it is win win situation for both parties. They just incorporate it somewhere in the story line and don't have to go out of the way to advertise it. And movies have a vast audience. So the indirect advertising reaches to millions in one go.

If you believe that a particular product is being produced by a popular producer and as such has the high probability to attract a lot of users then stylishly including your advertisement into one of the screenplay is actually a very good way of getting to your potential customers because a wide variety of people watch movies.