Proper Ways to React to Threats from Business Competitors?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
You'll unavoidably encounter business rivals that don't value your advancement when your organization develops and rises. These rivals can try to ruin your company by disseminating false information or pushing your suppliers to cease doing business with you. What actions should you take if this occurs to you? Sometimes the answer is not obvious. Here are some suggestions for handling risks from business rivals:

1. Examine their assertions. It's crucial to determine whether claims made by rivals who are disparaging your goods are true. You need proof before you can just assume they're mistaken. Before making any decisions, take the time to investigate and confirm their statements.

2. Find out with whom they are speaking. Identifying their audience and the means by which they are communicating is crucial. Are they disseminating rumors online? calling your vendors and complaining to them about you? You can decide how to react more effectively if you are aware of what they are doing.

3. React appropriately, but avoid aggravating the situation: It's critical to react correctly if a rival is disseminating false information or undermining your efforts. However, be careful not to exacerbate the situation by reacting aggressively or impolitely. Avoid becoming too personal.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
This is very informative. As you said facing threats against your business is something that is unavoidable.
I personally faced that in my little fashion design business. Some persons were criticizing and saying my work wasn't good which I never saw as false. But after a careful research I came to understand that it was a conspiracy set by a fellow fashion designer to limit my number of costumers and by so doing attract them to himself.
I had to meet him head on and settle the issue though he denied doing that. But soon after I did that the rumor died down and my costumers who had quit came back and that was how I kept on designing. At times a way of settling that is by finding the source of threat and facing it head on just as I did.

Rubz

Business competition is something one would definitely face when one owns a business. When one is faced with such a threat, one should not feel down and give up. One should react in a positive way and see it as a means to do better in one's business.
When one is faced with business customer, one should look for what that competitor is doing better than him or her. There would certainly be something the competitor is doing better that is making him or her have a lot of patronage. When one finds out what such a thing is, one should then improve on one's business and come up with something better than what the competitors are offering to the customers.

E

eldavis

Number two and three though are very important. Once you have been able to sort out number two, i believe the next step to take would be to create counter measures. I have seen this happen before in movies and even real life. Once rumors about a particular company hits the internet or the market, they Create teams that would counter by spreading another rumor that is in their favour. One thing about rumors is that it spreads like wild fire, so the best way to counter it is with another rumor for people to talk about. Then it actually takes real discipline for one to remain calm when it comes to the last number though.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Competitors are spreading false rumors because their competitors are doing the same, so each company will do this unless there is cooperation between two competitors then they will work together and help each other, it is per market requirement.
Otherwise, I think it is unethical way to decrease sales of other company, because unless what you say is true, do not say false informations because your clients may disappoint with you if they discover later the reality. Then what is expected to win you may lose easily and in a short time frame unless having opportunity to gain trust of customers again.