PTP platforms vs Book Review Platforms- My Experience

Etini

Valued Contributor
I have been on the two kinds of writing platform. As you all know, I am a member of trendri and also a member of the Online Book Club. I have been on the two platforms for a considerable period and I feel I stand in a position to speak about these two kinds of writing platforms.

Strictness: When it comes to strictness, book review sites are very strict with their guidelines. They can just reject your review because the author said there was no profanity, and you said you found profanity. That means you were skim-reading the book PTP platforms are more flexible and accommodating.

Time Consumption: I feel Book review sites consume much of a person's time than PTPs. In most book review platforms, you are given a very big book of about 1000 pages to read and write a review. You would spend most of your time trying to complete the book. In 4 hours max, you can finish your tasks on PTP platforms. That is why I find them less time-consuming.

Development as a writer: I think book review platforms would stretch you as a writer till you strive for perfection. On book review platforms, every comma is important. On PTP platforms, they mostly let grammar errors slide and that would not build a writer.

Please watch out for the 2nd part of this post.