Pushing work efficiency to reach deadline

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was project manager in a software house my usual concern is the deadline. The programs that we do will be sent to Japan so there is no excuse for being late because it is already scheduled with the courier and the plane.

Pushing the efficiency is important in that kind of project. I usually give 4 days of work schedule for a program that I think can be done in 5 days. I always have a 1 day allowance for the deadline and sometimes I make it 2 days. The pressure I give on the programmer will make him work faster otherwise he knew that submitting a delayed project will give our company a bad image. Checking the progress is the key. When I think that the programmer is slow then he needs help just so we can meet the deadline.

Sammyesx

Finishing a project before time is very important at least there should two days interval before the deadline should in case some occur that will delay the project, Since you are running ahead of time you will be able to meet up with the deadline, which will save your reputation and encourage continues business with your client.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I completed my education 5 years ago and in the past 5 years, I have worked on a couple of companies, as well as a freelancer. In my experience, I tend to perform better if the deadline is near. When I am awarded a project with a time frame of 30 days. I do not start working until 5 days to go for the deadline.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, this is always needed if a work schedule needs to be completed on time and if you want to always set a record for the company as always being a pace better when it comes to delivery projects on time. All hands must always be on deck to finish off everything on time. So they must be someone doing the pushing to get it done

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is always good towards against the deadline but I don't support rushing people to work against deadline. There are some teachers in my former school that always delay while recording report card which at times make the children not to collect their report cards and when they were rushed, they ended up making mistakes. The best is to let them start earlier.