Reasons You Should Resign From a Job?

Shaf

Verified member
Some people find their dream jobs, some are not so lucky. There are sometimes it becomes necessary to take a step back and see if it is worth it to keep working at a job. There are times that putting in your resignation letter is the best thing you can do.

One of the major reasons is if you work at a job that affects your mental or physical health. You can make money, but not at the expense of your life. For example, if you do a work that deals with toxic chemicals and the right protective gear isn't provided, it may be a reason to find something it. If being at your job makes you depressed clinically, it's time to consider quitting.

Another reason is having a toxic working environment. Staying with people who poison your mind is not good in the long run.

You may also consider quitting if you can do something better, make more money or help other people.

HeavLeighGill

Totally agree with this. I know they say to find a job that you love, but that isn't always an option. But I don't think anyone should be stuck with a job they hate or that makes them miserable either. My husband is a welder, he used to get something called fume fever everyday because of the material they had him welding on. He threated to quit and they moved him to a different area, and he hasn't gotten sick again. People have to look out for themselves because some work environments are toxic.

Etini

Valued Contributor
When a job tampers with my sanity, it is game over for me. I am a very emotional person and I need a stable mind to do virtually everything. I once worked for a man that made me feel very worthless. Ge verbally abused me at will. He least expected my resignation the day I put it in. To tell you how terrible this man was, he was owing me by the time I resigned. He fixed a day for me to come to get my pay. I went on that day, and he told me that he is going to deduct the off days from the pay. I just told him to prepare to kill me. He later begged and paid me.

As for me, when a job threatens my sanity, I call it quits. Verbal abuse of any form is a no-no for me. When you owe me after my due day for three days, I am gone.