Business Ideas Renting out washing machine for home-based business

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When the lockdown was declared in March of last year, there were 34 families in our neighborhood who lost their livelihood when the businesses were closed. Even the public transportation was banned for 2 months so that workers resorted to bicycle for their personal transportation. Some others worked on odd jobs that they can offer like cleaning the yard or tending the garden or even washing the car in your own garage.

So many small businesses cropped up like selling cooked food and personal items and accessories. But one home-based business caught my attention is the washing machine. Since the laundry shops in our village were all closed so that one smart guy had rented their washing machine. Customers would come to their house with the laundry and the guy would operate, dry the clothes and fold. The customer would come back to pick up the finished laundry. There was an extra charge for the folding and customers did not mind. Now the guy has 2 washing machines and his small business continues.

Briangsam

Laundry business is a very profitable low risk business anyone can do for profit. With low budget, you can start a successful laundry business and grow. But sadly, the global pandemic has hit the business. As there have been lockdowns in many parts of the world and people work from home, so people rarely see need to dry clean their clothes or rather can not even if they choose to because they are stuck at home. So renting your machine out might mean you will get some money off it as profit.

Samuel72

Verified member
Wow I see this as a very good idea but in order for you to get more customers to rent your washing machine you need to make a little advert, example sharing out her bills to people. These will easily makes you get more patronage in your business. Some people does this business and they hardly get clients.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

Renting out washing machine for home base use I will see I'm hearing of these for the first time most homes have their own washing machines but one thing I know that can be possible is laundry and dry cleaning for homes. You as a laundry man may have a particular family which are your customers that you go and do laundry for them weekly or monthly and get paid but the idea of renting out washing machines from homebase use I don't think he's productive

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Reading through out your article, I can easily conferred that your area is somhow small and you people are homogenous and close for you to know the number of houses affected. Hence, this kind of business may trend. In my country, where you barely know much about the person that you share the same flat, that kind of business won't even work. Because you won't even know who has or who doesn't have washing machine in the first instance.

anil02

Verified member
When the lockdown was declared in March of last year, there were 34 families in our neighborhood who lost their livelihood when the businesses were closed. Even the public transportation was banned for 2 months so that workers resorted to bicycle for their personal transportation. Some others worked on odd jobs that they can offer like cleaning the yard or tending the garden or even washing the car in your own garage.

So many small businesses cropped up like selling cooked food and personal items and accessories. But one home-based business caught my attention is the washing machine. Since the laundry shops in our village were all closed so that one smart guy had rented their washing machine. Customers would come to their house with the laundry and the guy would operate, dry the clothes and fold. The customer would come back to pick up the finished laundry. There was an extra charge for the folding and customers did not mind. Now the guy has 2 washing machines and his small business continues.
Here in India I never seen that any one is renting washing machine. Indeed in India still lacs of people are washing clothes with hand and they never feel need of renting washing machine. Here drying clothes is also not a problem, we have enough sun light and heat to dry clothes. Here I too have washing machine but we are using it only once a week and on rest of days we are washing with hands. but no doubt it is good business