Saving or Investing

Carpon

Valued Contributor
In this thread I will want us to discuss whether you should invest your money or use it to save. Or if you save is it advisable to use the savings to invest or should I save for the purpose of investing?

Well if I was to give my opinion about whether you should save or invest I will tell you to first know how much you have. If it is up to a considerable amount you may weigh your terms and do the needful. If you have a safe investment to do I think it is better for you to invest.
You can even invest while saving and I at some points term investment as a kind of saving that brings yield but if and only if the investment is a secure one. You may open a savings account or a fixed account where you get paid interest on the amount you keep in the account. This interest will accumulate and bring rise to a huge amount of money for you.
Therefore if you can find a save investment to engage in I will advise you to go ahead and invest rather than save. Because you save and you may not earn anything from it but any safe and secure investment comes with some dividend on it
Savings is good but investment is better but there are people who get scared of investing, so therefore do what you will have peace of mind while doing. What will you say about saving and investing.

How can you invest without saving? You need to work hard to save your money, you can start saving only when you have a saving. If you inherited money from your parents, you can invest that money, however, if you do not have your own money, you need to start saving to invest. In my opinion, saving and investment should go hand in hand, saving alone cannot build your wealth as the rate of return on your investment is small, and before you start investing, you need savings. Investing is risky, therefore, you need to minimize the risk by diversifying your investment. Instead of investing your entire money on stocks, you can try investing in stock market, real estate market, corporate bonds, security bonds, treasury bills, etc. You can also build high yield saving accounts to minimize the risk associated with investing. When you are investing, you can start small and gradually build your portfolio.

Yeah of course you need the funds for investment which are not only gotten from your savings. There are many ways to fund money that you can use for investing
The point this thread is driving towards is that you can use your savings to invest and tries to also encourage that as you save don't just keep the money static but make it dynamic in such a way that as it is there it is able to attract more of its kind to itself. Save and invest.
There are a lot of persons that keep money and it stays for a long period saved without using it for anything and as you mentioned you can save and then invest in investments that will bring profit with them while they return to you. So invest your savings wisely to avoid letting the opportunity of using your money to earn more money pass you.

There is no or between saving and investing, you should do both of these things simultaneously. As soon as you start making money, you should start saving. You should have three different saving accounts, one, an emergency fund, which you can use during emergency situations and financial crisis, two, retirement savings, which you will be using to pay your bills after retirement, and three, saving for investment. In order to invest, you need money, unless you inherited property and money, you will not have any funds for investment . The only way to build investment funds is through saving. You should save money and use your savings to make an investment. While saving is very important, saving alone will not guarantee you a final security. Your financial security will be guaranteed only when you have invested money. Invest will give you a return on profits and when you make profits you can build net worth.