Sell Digital Products With WordPress

rotabol

If you’re looking for a more low-maintenance way to make money online blogging with WordPress, then selling your own digital products may be a good choice. While you do have to invest the time to create the product up front, after it’s created your work is very minimal.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The beauty about WordPress is that you can be able to build any kind of website that you want with there are a lot of plugins that have already been developed by other people and all you have to do is for you to select which one you want and then add the feature to your website.. you can also create an e-commerce store there where you can choose to be selling digital products. Digital products are things like a books and videos that can only be consumed using electronic means and they have been becoming popular in recent past .

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Selling your own digital product is one of the best ways to make money online in my own perspective. The reason is that you don't have to share your profit with anyone.

You set the price you want to sell your digital products and you can even decide to take it off the market in order to create scarcity. You have full control over the amount of money you want to make with the digital product.

There are some steps you need to take if you want to start making money selling your own digital products.

You first identified a group of people with a certain problem and come up with solution in form of digital downloadable format.

You can then market the products to the audience and count your hundred percent profit. Rinse and repeat the process to make more profit for yourself.

The beautiful part of it is that there is no limit to the amount of product you can create to make money online.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In order to sell digit products on your website, you will have to use a plugin that allows you to sell digital products. My personal favorite is an easy digital download. This is a free plugin that will convert your simple wordpress website into an online store for a digital product. You can also use woocommerce for your digital product. Selling digital products require you to upload a lot of digital files, which means you need a lot of resources on your servers. A simple shared hosting may not be enough. Your website also need a lot of visitors before you can sell

D

Deleted member 13140

you could make use of gumroad, to sell your products, one probably doesn't need a plugin, but I get it, a plug in can give you the sense that you have everything set up inside your own community, that's a huge advantage, and yes selling digital products has created a lot of opportunity for people who love digital marketing, as a matter of fact I actually sold something online back when I knew about digital marketing, and I made a sale, and that's when I knew there was opportunity there.

onlineinfopreneur

In order to sell digit products on your website, you will have to use a plugin that allows you to sell digital products. My personal favorite is an easy digital download. This is a free plugin that will convert your simple wordpress website into an online store for a digital product. You can also use woocommerce for your digital product. Selling digital products require you to upload a lot of digital files, which means you need a lot of resources on your servers. A simple shared hosting may not be enough. Your website also need a lot of visitors before you can sell
Hey Mika,

Very interesting information I got to know from you. Thank you so much for sharing your valuable knowledge. Could you also please specify what kind of hosting is required to set up this kind of selling digital products?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I like this idea, selling wordpress is really profitable, if you take a look at themeforest.com, you will see a lot of devs making money selling their own digital products online and the beauty of this kind of business is, you can collaborate with others, like UI designers can collaborate with a developer to design a theme and also it is a one time off kind of thing, which means the moment sales started kicking in, you will earn passively.

I have heard a lot of developers encouraging others to get into it, the wordpress ecosystem is very huge, there is always something to do to earn money, from setting up websites to designing themes from scratch and building plugins also.

currently there's also building wordpress site with rest API, it is just so exciting, I will strongly advise devs to look into selling wordpres products it really looks promising.

Setho

VIP Contributor
WordPress without any doubt is the biggest content management platform as well as the most easiest website builder for you to use especially as a beginner. The only thing that you will have to worry about is the money that you are going to pay for hosting as you can be able to create your own website and manage it for free. Even as a digital content creator you can be able to take advantage for it because there are a lot of themes and plugins that have been created specifically to help you to achieve this kind of goal.

Frankdan

I'm planning to use my website to sell my digital product. It's a good way to make money from blogging. But to do it, you need to have enough traffics that trust you. Well, everything is down to how valuable your content is to your visitor. If your blog is in content marketing niche, you can create an ebook on "how to make money from writing" and promote it to your website visitors. For trust issue, you can published the book on Amazon and promote it with your blog. Writing is, indeed, a profitable skills.