Seniors are entering politics to have an occupation

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic may not be agreeable to many. In fact, you can count me in with people who are averse with politics. Running for a government position means to spend money, time and effort. If you won the position may not give you peace of mind because politics means people.

That is the key word – people. A senior with a feeling of being useless can run for a political position not for anything but just to have some use. Being at home, watching tv or working in the garden all day is like a hermit life. In politics there are social activities and there are many people you will meet along the way. Win or lose you have done something for your country. Oh gee, I was really surprised by that reasoning. Even if I do not like politics but I can agree that it can give life to a senior like me.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I see this alot in my country but the keep saying the future is for the youth but you keep seeing old retirees with money going into politics and they will win because they have the money to throw around then the youths. It is really appalling because a lot go in there to loot the funds the more. Leaving everyone hungry