Should you discuss to others your business ideas?

Axis

Banned
Our business ideas should be taken as secrets and that is because, if our business ideas should get to the wrong ears it can be stolen from us. But somehow we need to communicate our business ideas to others in order to know and speculate whether they can be achievable and implementable in the way we want it to be. To know whether our business ideas are effective as we claim they are we need to communicate it to others so as to hear their dear advice and counsel on our business ideas and if possible share their experience and suggestions to us the other to make perfection of our business ideas. With that being said, despite the fact that our business ideas should be taken as secrets it should only be communicated to trusted individuals that is doze in which we can trust. They may exclude our family members and they may also include our family members but that totally depends on us and how far our family members support us.

But most importantly, discussing our business idea with a qualified business counselors of can totally be the best move we can take. business counselors usually take their time in listening to our business ideas and giving us direct and clear counsels and advises on which areas we are to improve. Also if we have a business-related questions on our business idea we can also ask these qualified business counselors and make sure to pay rapt attention to what they have to say because we might learn a great deal from them.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
It is absolutely true that business ideas should be kept secret by the individual formulating the business idea but like you have already mentioned it could be better for an individual to communicate his business ideas to others in order to be sure whether the business ideas are perfectly ready and fit into the implementable or established so as not to lead to the loss of wastage of capital. Hence, with that being said it is best advice for an individual to be very careful and alert on the type of individuals he or she communicates his or her business ideas to. No doubt family members could be interesting people to communicate business ideas to but I have been in a situation where a family ideas no doubt family members could be interesting people to communicate business ideas to but I have been in a situation where a family members do not support business ideas possibly as a result of jealousy and hatred.

The only individual responsible to answer any questions or responsible to give you advice on your business idea is a valid and certified business counselor who is skilled and knowledgeable about business activities.

Miki1

It isn't everyone you should discuss your business ideas with. You can only discuss your business ideas with minds that can support your dreams. Business analyst and business consultants who'll direct you on how to go about those ideas to achieve your goals. If not, our plans should retain our sacred secrets until we're able to bring the to light. Some people have the resources but lack ideas to put those resources into profitable use. So once you discuss your ideas with them, they tap into it and use them to their benefit.

Etini

Valued Contributor
It is actually both ways. Discussing or not discussing has its advantages and disadvantages. When you discuss your ideas with others, you can gather technical support from people who are experienced in that field of endeavor. You get to build relationships with people that have been in the business for a long time.

The disadvantage is that someone can easily steal your idea and use it to implement a business of his own. Especially businesses that have to do with creative content. I advocate that you should be sensitive who you expose your business to. And you should also streamline the details you share with others. There are sensitive details of your business plans that you don't share with people. It is called your critical success factor. The world of business is very fierce and wild. The competition is rife. You have to be careful of how you disclose ideas about your business.

King bell

VIP Contributor
When you have an idea for a new business, it can be tempting to share it with others. After all, talking to people about your idea can be exciting and can also provide you with valuable feedback. However, discussing your business ideas with others can also be risky, so it’s important to understand the pros and cons before you make any decisions.

The Pros of Discussing Your Business Ideas

1. Get Valuable Feedback: One of the biggest advantages of discussing your business ideas with others is the feedback that they can provide. Talking to different people can give you different perspectives, which can help you to refine your idea and make it more successful.

2. Generate Excitement: Talking to others about your business ideas can also be a great way to generate excitement. When you share your enthusiasm with others, they can become just as excited as you are. This can help to build momentum and support for your idea.

3. Build a Support Network: Discussions about your ideas can also help you to build a support network. When people become invested in your idea, they can offer to help you in various ways, from giving advice to providing business connections.

The Cons of Discussing Your Business Ideas

1. Risk of Idea Theft: One of the biggest risks of discussing your business ideas with others is the potential for idea theft. Even if the people you’re talking to are trustworthy, there is always the possibility that they might share your idea with someone else who could then try to steal it.

2. Lack of Focus: Another disadvantage is that talking to others about your business ideas can take away from the time you spend actually working on them. If you spend too much time discussing your concept, you might lose sight of the hard work that’s necessary for success.

3. Loss of Control: Finally, discussing your business ideas with others can also lead to a loss of control. If too many people become involved in the process, it can be difficult to keep track of who’s saying what and who has ownership of the idea.

Ultimately, the decision to discuss your business ideas with others is up to you. If you feel confident that you can protect your idea and that the feedback you’ll receive will be beneficial, then it may be worth it. However, if you’re concerned about the risks, then it may be better to keep your idea to yourself until you’re ready to launch.

Activator230822

Verified member
As far as I am concerned it's a very good idea to discuss our businesses ideas with other people. There are more advantages to this than disadvantages. For instance we can have some business ideas that we can't implement by our own. Like other ideas requires an elaborate and mentorship before implementation and execution at large. So it's our duly responsibility to look for the veterans for the existing businesses ideas a for appropriate advice and implementation of the ideas.
However we should be very careful when selecting the people who can offer us advice on our business ideas. Some people are very good at stealing business ideas and implementing them for their own benefits leaving the owners of the those ideas empty handed. I know of some folks in my area who already stole my business ideas and today they are really booming and enjoying the fruits of my dreams.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
All I can say is that it will depend on what you are discussing . There was a particular scientific research that stated that the possibility of you archiving your life plans and operation or business plan is likely to reduce when you discuss it to so many other people because your mind will tell you to relax and feel comfort after the discussion has been made which is not an ideal way of trying to achieve what you are interested . when we have life plans and preparation there's always a burning desire to achieve it but when it is been constantly discussed the burning desire is likely to fade away.

Personally there are so many reasons I may not want to discuss my business I deal with people , I'll just to keep it secret from myself as so many people are not really trusted this days .

E

eldavis

I think one of the biggest mistake you would ever make is to tell someone your business idea. Remember it's called an idea because you have probably not started making plans to bring it to reality. It's even possible that you may not even have the resources yet in terms of capital and other things needed. You could end up telling the wrong person your business plan and they will simply take it form you and me it their own simply because they all it takes to bring that idea into a reality. It's best you just keep things to yourself and let them see the results.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is true that they are sometimes in which the business ideas of majority of individuals have been stolen possibly by their colleagues as a result of discussing this business ideas to them, and as a result of No trust found in such a friend, such a friend may end up establishing such a business as a result of him having sufficient capital and adequate financial funds to establish the business more than you. Indeed business ideas as something to be kept secret, and although most of the time she will always want to discuss a business ideas to others in order to be ensure that they are effective and fitting for establishment and implementation.

As you have already mentioned it is true that the only individuals to communicate and talk your business ideas to our only business counselors, my definition business counselors are individuals who give advice and counsels based on business, mostly to young entrepreneurs seeking to establish a business for the first time. Individuals like this can be found on most in anyway in the world, and discussing your business ideas with them can totally help you make amends in your business idea or possibly be sure that it is fitting for establishment and implementation.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
There are conditions whereby you have to keep it as a secret or disclose it to others depending on the kind of business and the person in question. There are people who are very resourceful and telling them will mean getting some useful information and advise. This kind of condition warrants that you open up about your plans.

But at times, the business plan may need secrecy and disclosing it to whomsoever will mean harm. So this kind of condition will mean keeping your business plan private.

And to some people who you know are not going to be helpful or even rather than being helpful, they will be a negative effect on you and your plans, then that will be a condition that makes it important for you to stay away from disclosing your business plan.

Either way, it has its advantages just as it also has its disadvantages.

Suba

Staff member
I think your way is right. don't talk about your business idea to other people, but there's nothing wrong with talking to your close family like parents, even though they can't solve your problem but at least they give support and prayer. But if you want to consult with business counselors, for start-up businesses and medium to lower capital, the minimum rate is around $ 5. but it seems you don't need to do it because an individual business with small capital is still very simple and easy to analyze, the most important thing is you have to have a plan, and how to manage it, and how to minimize risk.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You should never discuss your business idea with other people, even experts in the business field. Unless the person you want to discuss with is also one of the partners in your business or the shareholder in your business, you should never talk about your business to any other person. Have you ever heard of idea theft? Well, if you discuss your business with a person who is not directly associated with your business (a partner, or shareholder), he might steal your idea and use it to build a business based on the idea you shared. The danger becomes even grave if the person you want to discuss is an expert in the field of business. Experts mean they have knowledge, resources, and experience. They will easily build the business based on the idea you shared and you cannot do anything if that actually happens, you cannot even take any legal actions because there will be no proof.