Simple ways to deal with heat exhaustion

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is one sickness that is mostly experienced during summer and it is good to always take precautions to avoid having it. Heat exhaustion is when the body response to less of both water and salt in the body. This oftens happened in the heat period which is summer through excessive sweating by a victim

When this happens one would be feeling dizzy, will have flushed skin,will have muscle cramps, will be fatigued and even nausea.

So it is better to know how to tackle this before the summer period so that you wouldn't remain indoors because of one issue or the other.

The below tips will help you fight this sickness and remain healthy during the summer or heat period.

-Start with staying away from heated places

-Then take a lot of fluids preferable water to remain hydrated

-Avoid wearing insulated clothing's

-dump tight clothes during this period

-Try to take a rest where you would have shade avoid the sun as much as you can.

What do you think?

Ganibade

Verified member
Heat exhaustion is a disease that has to do with excess sweating and rapids pulse when body is over heating.
This disease has symptoms like Head ache, muscle cramp, dizziness and weakness of the body. This can be treated by consulting an expert doctor that will give a good diagnosis to know exactly the causes of the disease.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Heat exhaustion develops when your body is unable to cool itself quickly enough. Symptoms include heavy sweating, rapid breathing and a fast, weak heartbeat. Those at greatest risk are people over 65, babies and children up to 4 years old, and people with a chronic medical condition. However, it can happen to anyone. Simple actions such as drinking more water, staying out of the sun and cooling down can help to prevent heat exhaustion or deal with the symptoms early on.

Heat exhaustion is a serious thing & can be just as dangerous as heat stroke. It's rare, but heat exhaustion does happen. Other Signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion include: dizziness, or fainting; weakness; cold and clammy skin, pale or flushed complexion; fast but weak pulse; nausea or vomiting. If someone with those symptoms needs treatment, call 911 immediately! or any medical emergency line available. If they're alert, give them water, remove any unnecessary clothing and fan them while they lie on their back with their feet higher than their head.

You can also help then Cool off quickly by drinking fluids and taking a cool bath or shower. Heat exhaustion can also be prevented by staying hydrated, wearing light colored clothing to stay cool in the heat, avoiding alcohol and caffeine, and taking breaks once in a while if you're outside."

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well stated this is one simple health issue that shouldn't be taken for granted because it comes with serious issue as such precautions needs to be taken I'm one person that don't joke with my health so I tryto nip issues in the bud before the gear their ugly heads. I believe this is the way to go try to stay safe always it is very important

Hania iman

You are right dear. The best way to reduce heat exhaustion is to keep ourseld hydrated, use lot of water and also lemonade. You can also use mint etc

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our tropical country the inhabitants are used to the summer heat although sometimes I see people with a bleeding nose due to the excessive and there are reports of heat stroke. In fact, one former governor of Batangas province was hit by heat stroke in the height of the campaign period during summer. He collapsed and later on died in the hospital. The usual advice now for active people during summer is to bring along a bottle of water for hydration. It is best if the water is cold so that it can help the body with the dissipation of the heat. My safety precaution against the heat during summer is not staying under the sun. When I have to walk distances I bring along an umbrella to shield me from the rays of the sun. I also stop once in a while when I feel tired. It is not good to force the body to move when you are tired.