Sites that you can earn from in 2024

Carpon

Valued Contributor
There are various legitimate and trusted websites that offer opportunities to make and earn money online. Here are some categories and examples of such that you may want to check out in this year, 2024!

1. Freelance Work Platforms: some sites to visit are:
- Upwork
- Fiverr
- Freelancer

2. Online Survey and Task Sites: where you take surveys and other related tasks to earn money. You can visit
- Swagbucks
- InboxDollars
- MTurk (Amazon Mechanical Turk)

3. Remote Work and Job Portals: these are places that you can get signed up to and you put up your qualifications and easily get a job
- Remote OK
- Indeed
- LinkedIn

4. Content Creation and Selling: a good content creator has many opportunities here,
- Etsy (for handmade or digital products)
- Shutterstock (for selling photos)
- Teachable (for selling online courses)

5. Affiliate Marketing: a very prolific mony making avenue to try. You can access the following sites for a start
- Amazon Associates
- ClickBank
- CJ Affiliate

6. Stock Photography: it's a way of using your skill to earn. These sites pay you when you provide them with beautiful shots
- Adobe Stock
- Shutterstock
- iStock

7. Online Tutoring: a remote job that allows you teach others what you know and get paid. These sites can facilitate that.
- Chegg Tutors
- Tutor.com
- VIPKid

8. Virtual Assistance: you can check out the following sites
- Time Etc
- Belay
- Worldwide101

It's advisable to always be cautious and do thorough research before engaging with any online and money making platform to ensure they are legitimate and align with your skills, desires and interests. Avoid websites that make unrealistic promises or require upfront payments of some unrealistic amount

Phantasm

Banned
Websites that used to be popular for making money include places where you can find freelance work like Upwork and Fiverr, sites that pay you for surveys and small jobs like Swagbucks and Amazon Mechanical Turk, places where you can post videos or articles and earn from them like YouTube and Medium, websites where you can make money from promoting products like Amazon Associates and ShareASale, websites to find remote jobs like Remote OK and Indeed, places to trade digital currencies like Binance and Coinbase, sites for selling your photos and artwork like Shutterstock and Adobe Stock, websites to teach or tutor students online like VIPKid and Chegg, places to sell things online or send goods without owning them first like Shopify and Etsy, and sites where you can stream video games or be part of a gaming community like Twitch and YouTube Gaming. But remember, it's key to watch out for scams and to research carefully before spending your time or money on any of these platforms.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In 2023, I made good money working on upwork, In fact upwork continued to be my main source of online income in 2023 as well. I am very active on upwork and I will also remain active on upwork, maybe I would give more time to upwork so that I can make earn enough money to pay my entire bills. I am not very successful in Fiverr but in 2024, I will give more time to Fiverr and try to make money on the site.

freelancermaria

I have never had the opportunity to work on the freelancing websites you mentioned above. I acquired my current employment through a local freelancing platform. I have been at my current employer for about 5 years. However, since the epidemic began, the number of assignments I receive from my employer has plummeted.

Kendy

Verified member
Just like you've already mentioned, there are a number of sites to earn from, but without the right skills, one might end up settling for less. With the right skills for each niche, there is a greater chance of earning or amassing well paid jobs. Apart from Upwork and Fiverr, there are apps that pays to write stories like romance and werewolf such as; Goodnovel, Novelcat, Lightreader.

niche

Verified member
The amount of work available on the various freelance websites varies depending on the person, some people get no work at all at Fiverr. Additionally there is a risk that the online account may get deleted without giving a valid reason. One person was complaining on another site, that his Upwork account of ten years was deleted and he lost all the data of his customers.