Skill Up or Leave: Making More Money With Online Work

Mika

VIP Contributor
Do you think online jobs are all about clicking ads, watching videos, writing short posts, following someone on social and all other tasks like these? Think again! While basic tasks like these exist for making money online, these tasks are for someone without any skills and for earning just pocket change. To truly cash in, you need skills. Just like in the real world you can get a job only when you have an impressive resume, your resume also counts when it comes to securing online jobs. Writing skills can land you on paid-to-post and article sites but think above these to make money. Answering survey questions might require basic knowledge but try to get up form this level. Even when you are starting out, you can get better jobs.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes with online any one with the right skills especially with professional skills can get better jobs. Sure, with good or professional writing skills you can land yourself on paid-to-post and article writing sites. But though the former don't pay much but the latter does. but it is still good to think above these kind of money making online. We need to think of making very good money which is very possible. All you need is to get your skills or brush up the already acquired ones.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
That's right on the money, but you have to also learn how to land clients, for me that's the biggest issue I'm facing, I'm actually very good in full stack development, but I'm having issues with landing clients, most times I rely on agencies to bring jobs and we split the profits.

I've been thinking lately of doing some things to bring in clients, I know they won't come home to look for me, I have some couple of ideas currently that I'll implement, I don't like up work just so it's hard to land clients these days and they also pay pittance.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
This is so true, you need skills to earn well online. People who make substantial income online only do so because they are highly skilled. The reason you work in microjob sites and paid to post forums is because you have not explored and gained skills to work online.

Most people complain and struggle with online earning saying there are no jobs, well jobs are there but are you qualified for them? Building your resume is good for online earning too.