Smoking hazards

Mika

VIP Contributor
In the United States, 480,000 people die due to smoking related health complications. This is one fifth of total deaths in the US per year. Every day 1300 Americans die due to smoking. The figure of smoking related death worldwide is 8 million.

Smoking is the main reason behind mouth cancer, throat cancer and lung cancer. Smoking causes cardiovascular disease, which means you will have poor blood circulation, chest pain, heart attacks and strokes. You will die early.

Smoking causes high blood pressure, which increases the risk of heart attacks and stroke.

Smoking causes fertility problems. You will have problems in conception.

Continuous smoking blocks the vessels to the brain. This can cause dementia.

Smoking causes mouth cancer, lung cancer and throat cancer. Study shows 90 percent of lung cancer cases are because of smoking.

Eyes are sensitive to smoke. Smoking increases risk of cataracts.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Sometimes I wonder why people are even smoking because I don’t know the gain. Smoking comes with a lot of health hazards and these are very visible ones but smokers don’t care. This should be a reminder so that we continue to keep away from smoking and know that it can actually kill very fast

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
The effects of smoking on our health are numerous and it is unfortunate that so many people are already addicted to it and do not even think about the need to cut this bad habit which poses harm to their health. Smoking also has the tendency of making one to not relate well with other members of the society.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am happy to note that I was able to quit smoking in 2007. It was a big expense considering that I smoke a pack of cigarettes in a day. The story of how I was able to quit is quite supernatural or incredible. It is willpower that we need when quitting even with alcohol and not just with cigarettes. I had my pack of cigarette for 1 month before I declared that I had successfully stopped smoking. That pack remained full.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Just too many of them, with all this diseases attached to smoking, still people who love it still smoke. My question now, don't they see all this health implications of smoking and understand that smokers have lots of things to suffer in their health when they persistently smoke?? I think they see it, but are simply addicted. Not that all smokers are liable to die young, cos I've seen someone who has been smoking since i was very small till this day he's alive, has grown old too.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The negative effects of smoking cannot be exhausted. The funniest one is the fact that it drains the addict financially and he won't even care. Is it not a high sense of folly to be buying what's capabling of killing one? Apart from this effect, it affects the people close to the smokers. They are the ones running helter skelter when the cancer problems start.

Mika

VIP Contributor
A lot of people smoke because they think smoking 2-3 cigarettes wouldn't harm them. However, this is not true. Even one cigarette can have an adverse effect on health. A lot of people know the adverse effect of smoking, yet they cannot give up smoking because they are mentally weak t give up addiction.

dagm

In some cases I marvel why individuals are actually also cigarette smoking cigarettes since I have no idea the increase. Cigarette smoking cigarettes includes a great deal of health and wellness risks as well as these are actually extremely noticeable ones however cigarette smokers do not care. This ought to be actually a pointer to ensure that our team remain to maintain far from cigarette smoking cigarettes as well as understand that it can easily really eliminate extremely quick

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Tell young people smoking will get yo cancer, they won't probably listen to you. However, tell girls they will turn ugly because smoking will make your skin worse; tell boys they will lose stamina and sex drive, they will probably stop smoking. Young people care about their looks and virility.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well we do not really know how to say it because even when they're a lot of information circulating on the internet and also a lot of information from medical expert advising people to desist from smoking but yet since people still do not seems to listen because they are addicted, understand smoking has a lot of serious complicated issues ranging from the cancer of the lungs that of the throat just as you have just said and about from that generally I still won't even prefer to smoke even if it does not have any dangerous side effect. Please let's be guided