Solving Marital Problems

raaman

Valued Contributor
Sometimes problems do arise after marriage. Solving marital problems can be stressful and you may not know where to start and where to end and solve the problems. Remember that every marriage is unique.

So you need to find out what issues are at the heart of your conflict. For this, both of you need to talk frankly and constructively to arrive at amicable solutions. You have to be positive.

Do not blame yourself, do not build a wall around yourself and do not attack each other personally. It takes time to build your relationship, and so, you have to be patient. A wedding counselor can also help you close the gaps.

Sprite1950

Marriage in the western world is different to how it was many years ago. Divorce was not so readily available so couples stuck together despite their problems regardless of whether they were happy or not. They worked through their differences and never considered separating. Today it is too easy to get a quickie divorce so they do not work at their marriage and simply give up and move on to the next partner.

My parents were married for 24 years and stayed together for my sister and myself despite being unhappy for many years. When we grew up they decided to separate. My dad remarried and was blissfully happy until his death but my mother remained alone for the rest of her life. I look back on my childhood and remembered their fights as I lay in bed wondering what would happen to us if they broke up .. but they never did and I would say we had a reasonably happy childhood but was it right they sacrificed their happiness for us? Some might say no.