Some online businesses to start in 2023

Chibson

VIP Contributor
As we all know, 2022 is coming to an end and a lot of us are anticipating the new year and making plans for it.

There are also a lot of people who wants to start several businesses in 2023 both online and offline. In this article, I am going to give you some online businesses you can start in 2023 and make a lot of profit from it.

Blogging: Starting a blog business in 2023 is a wise idea and you can make a lot of money from it if you have proper knowledge of how it works. Blogging has actually proven to be a lucrative business over the years because how many people have been able to succeed through it. So starting a blog business in 2023 is worth it.

Amazon KDP: Do you love writing books?, if yes then Amazon Kindle direct publishing is for you. Publishing books on Amazon Kindle has been profitable for so many years and in 2023 it is undoubtedly, a business you can consider.

Affiliate marketing: Affiliate marketing means selling other people's products to make some percentage for every sale you make. This is definitely one of the easiest businesses to start online if you have knowledge of how it works. It is also another business you can consider starting in 2023.

Shaf

Verified member
You can hardly go wrong with choosing a business online if you go fir something you're both skilled in and you like doing it. There are a lot of money making opportunities online, but if you don't like what you are doing or you don't even understand it, you'll get burnt out and quit.

Blogging, copywriting, Amazon KDP are for people who live to write and read a lot. It doesn't end there though. You need skills to maintain a successful blog, and you will have to learn how to promote your books on Kindle because the competition is now tough. It's also important you do research to find which niches sell fast.

Working on paid to post forums especially Trendri, with it's multiple ways to earn is my choice for those who have ample knowledge on several niches.

Freelancing is good if you have skills that pay more money per task. You will have to be very good though and slowly gain clients.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You have listed them but they are more that can be done online even as of today. it is for one to research on this jobs and find out the ones they conveniently do to start doing them.
blogging is simple for those that knows how to write perfectly well you just have to pick up some key words and write your own blogs this way you'll be unique and be able to attract the kind of traffic that you need when once you have the traffic then you can go ahead to monetize the blog to making money

Same with having a YouTube channel this is another good way of making money albeit a passive one you just have to upload videos that will interest people to watch and then you can monetize it to start making money it can be a fun way of making money too. so go for it.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You've mentioned some really good ways to earn some money even if you have a job you can still do blogging , affiliate marketing or Amazon kdp as a side hustle conveniently.

Freelancing is also a really good way to earn some extra bucks using your digital skill which includes graphics designing , web development, and even writing are high paying freelancing skill.

There are various platforms where you can advertise your skill to individuals who might be in need of what you offer.
We have freelancer.com , upwork and fiver.

The basic steps to follow so you can start meeting with clients who are interested in your skill.

1. Sign on one or more of the freelancing platform

With your mobile device or PC you can sign up on fiver and create a credible profile that suit the kind of services you offer.
Also edit you profile to give it a more professional look that can convince the client you intending pitching to the you are definitely the best person for the job.

2. Write a professional proposal

A proposal is a form of application but in this case you would be sending it directly to the person that is seeking for a service you offer and you can also include such a proposal on your profile for people who would like to check out your profile to know more about you.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
@sincerem, I agree with you. freelancing is presently one of the best businesses anyone can venture into on the internet especially if you have a very good skill.

Having a personal computer is also very important if you want to venture into freelancing because there are a lot of jobs you cannot be able to do with a mobile phone. this is some of the problems some people face whenever they want to go into freelancing.

Anyone who wants to go into freelancing must also try as much as possible to look for skills that are not very much saturated. If you are in a niche that is saturated your chances of getting jobs may be very low because the competition is high. But at the same time it is also important to acquire as much skills as possible that are very much in demand so that you can be able to maximize profit in the long run.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have a blog and I make money from my blog. I also have published a couple of ebooks on KDP and I occasionally sell my ebooks to make money. I am also doing affiliate marketing, I use my blog for affiliate marketing. It took me almost 1 year to start earning $1 a day from my blog even though I was spending 1-2 hours on my blog every day. However, these days I make about $400 every month from my blog through Adsense, amazon affiliate marketing, dropshipping, print-on-demand, online courses, ebook sales, etc. It is not easy to make money from your blog, you not only have to be an expert writer but also an expert digital marketer and SEO consultant. When I started blogging I was none, I gradually built my skills to become moderately successful through blogging. In the coming year, I plan to focus on my other businesses. Apart from blogging, I also make money by selling products on etsy. I plan to build my etsy business in 2023. I am also thinking to focus more on video creation and excell on youtube and reels

arunima25

Verified member
These are some good ways to earn money online. And they do require skill and competence. One has to keep in mind that none of these ways are easy ways.One has to have the patience to invest enough time and effort before it starts paying you back.
Video blogging or vlogging is another way that is picking up popularity these days. People prefer to watch than to read as it is less time consuming and more engaging. So, it is getting more popular than the regular blogging. Some bloggers are opting for a mix of both blogging and video blogging to reach more number of viewership. One has to keep in mind that the earnings from blogging might take months or even months and can be frustrating too.
Another popular way these days is to buy and sell products online on sites like etsy. Even selling your products on sites like Amazon can be a good way to earn money.
Once you venture into any of the ways to earn money online, you need to keep yourself updated and keep learning to stay skilled.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Making money online is the best way to have a side hustle that can fetch you extra income in addition to your circular offline work. And besides I know a lot of people that depend only on what's the end online because it is enough to sustain them. That is why it is important to make the wise decision to start making money online now. In addition to the points you have written down the following are more ways in which anyone can earn money online.
1. Vlogging. This involves posting videos online and earning from the views that's your video is able to attract. Examples of vlogging platforms are YouTube, tik-tok among others.
2. Influencing. You can grow your social Media account so a considerable number of followers and then you charge people to promote their goods and services on your social media. But like I said you first need to have a good number of followers.
3. Affiliate marketing. Here you promote other people's goods and services and earn a commission for every sale you are able to make.
4. Writing on paid to post forums. Just like trendri, you earn by making threads and posts on forums.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I really agree with what you have said about all this online things but there are many other things like buying and selling online. which is also a lucrative business.
Like me ; I used to buy things like properties and also help people to sell which do bring a lot of money and connection.
I mean you will be able able to meet with different well known people in which you can also benefit a lot from them through the activities of buying and selling.
This coming year should be unique with different ideals as you have rightly said earlier.

Irina Bodan

Passive income on the Internet today is a promising way to organize your own earnings. Profits generated in this way do not depend on constant attention and activity; there is no need to interfere every day in the debugging process and regularly invest your own savings.
Today, you can install special software on your gadgets that, in autonomous mode, will bring income to the owner. The principle of their work is to perform automatic actions, for which the user’s account is credited with real money or points available for conversion and withdrawal to purses. A handy tool called AdsPower may offer you this RPA (Robotic Process Automation) service.

Such applications and programs are capable of performing a number of actions automatically:

• view advertising banners and commercials;
  • read the letters;
  • click on the links;
  • click on the ads;
  • Like photos, make reposts;
  • join groups, subscribe to publishers and channels;
  • register for projects;
  • mining cryptocurrency. It is better to use a video card or a video card-based farm for mining than a processor.

Last edited:

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You have listed a lot of them they are so much to do online for money but my problem is always about some sites discriminating about some countries. you would sign up on some sites but you wouldn't have tasks for your region like some sites that we are expected to complete some tasks

But all the same the posting sites are here for every body to type on for money. it is just to be consistent to make money. We just have to check out the tasks that we can do to help us work diligently and conveniently online all the time.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
You should be expanding and giving us more idea on how money could really be made from this blogging business. A lot of people might consider to establish a blogging platform because it is easier but it is not about how this business can be established but how can we maintain it to ensure that we keep on having constant profit all the time. That is what so many people are having challenge.

Establishing of online business is easier because it involves creating an account or sometimes going through some simpler process but maintaining it to have effective result is the real deal.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
The earning ways mentioned are very good indeed. So far I have tried affiliate marketing but it did not work for me. The main reason was that I did not have the required knowledge before starting it, so I made zero sales. Now I am ready to try it again because I learned a few basic things about it and I hope that I will succeed. Affiliate marketing is a very profitable earning method and I would recommend it to everyone.

Last edited:

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Amazon Kindle publishing remains a business to start in 2023 and make some good amount of money from it. I have come across several people who are really making a lot of money from this kind of business and the internet for themselves.

All you need is some level of consistency and proper knowledge of how to do some things and make a lot of money from it.

You need to understand that it is not a get-rich-quick scheme but with proper knowledge you can be able to succeed. Blogging is also another good skill you can get started presently and make a lot of money from it.

Last edited:

arunima25

Verified member
@Chibson Can you elaborate a bit on that Amazon Keto. I assume that you have a personal experience with it. It would be good and helpful if you could share that here. What basic/ good knowledge of how to do things? It would be good if you could give few examples of those things to get a clear picture.
@ Irina Bodan. You have mentioned a list of pretty interesting things that these automation softwares are capable to do. Please tell in detail about those softwares...few names, how and from where to install them, how that works, what's the minimum payout, ways to cash out etc. There might be some shortcomings with installing these softwares. They might be taking away a lot of space of the devices, might be interfering with speed and functioning of the devices. Some of these apps and software take a lot of data and space. And they might not be worth for the little pay one gets.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
@arunima25, what I meant is Amazon Kindle publishing. Amazon Kindle publishing is also part of the popular Amazon we all know.

Kindle publishing gives you the opportunity to write ebooks and self-publish them on the website and make some good amount of money for yourself.

If you are a good writer or you have proper knowledge of how to publish books then you can make some good amount of money through it. There are some skills you need to get acquainted to if you really want to succeed like content creation, graphics designing, copywriting and som others. You can watch a couple of YouTube videos to help you get started.

arunima25

Verified member
@arunima25, what I meant is Amazon Kindle publishing. Amazon Kindle publishing is also part of the popular Amazon we all know.

Kindle publishing gives you the opportunity to write ebooks and self-publish them on the website and make some good amount of money for yourself.

If you are a good writer or you have proper knowledge of how to publish books then you can make some good amount of money through it. There are some skills you need to get acquainted to if you really want to succeed like content creation, graphics designing, copywriting and som others. You can watch a couple of YouTube videos to help you get started.
Thank you for your explanation..I really appreciate it.
Well, getting a book published has always been a dream for me. But then we have to get up from the dream and work towards getting it realised. I have not done that yet. But we never know what future holds for us.
You have mentioned a few skills that are pretty important to be acquired. I should get into learning them if I ever plan to get a book published.
I have read of people making money from getting published on Amazon Kindle. But it's not been a success story for everyone who has got it published there. Some books made a real success while others could not maje any sale and just remained there in the database only. It seems that writing a good book is not good enough to get success and earn. One needs to learn a lot about marketing and promoting the book. So, that would be another skill to acquire and equal effort has to go there.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
@arunima25, you are absolutely correct. But one thing you need to understand is that getting started is very powerful. if you can get started from there you can learn a lot of things on the long run provided you are passionate and making money with Amazon Kindle publishing.

The truth is that majority of people who go into Amazon Kindle publishing do not succeed and i actually understand that.

The reason may be because they lack proper knowledge of how to do some certain things. That is why you need to learn a lot before you get started if you really want to succeed. Another important thing is consistency.

arunima25

Verified member
@Chibson. I agree with every word that you have said there. A lot of hesitations are there before we start anything. There is a lot of research and thoughtful analysis that we have to do before we could take any decision and step forward. While that's a right thing to do, sometimes we go overboard and overdo it. That's called analysis paralysis. We overanalyze things and create so much of fear and hesitations that it gets delayed or it never happens.
I totally agree with you that we need to get prepared and learn enough before venturing into any such thing. We keep learning as we grow there and get experience.
Consistency is something that I have to really work on. I am lacking a lot on this front when it comes to online earnings. I did start with my own blog and couldn't be consistent there. Even with the forum sites that I have at hand, I fail to do justice to them. I need to get better with time management. I can't use time constraints as an excuse always.