Sourcing for funds or Capital for Business

Segat

There are a lots of business idea that has never and will never leave the conception state because the bicycle ( fund) to pilot it is not readily available and even sometimes if available its difficult to access especially in the developing countries and this has retard them in all aspects of life.
I will like us to explore the easiest and commonest sources of fund or capital for business both for starters and for the existing ones that intend to expand their horizon.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
The first source is working as an employee for a period of time to gather the money and infact this is the most common source.
Getting bank loan... Though it's highly unrecommendable for the peace of your mind.
Selling some of your assets or family asset If you have any.
And you can try sourcing money from your extended families.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Their are too many business options and ideas one can utilize and earn reasonably if the plans is well executed. Having vision, passion, determination around the chosen business plan takes his or her business initiative higher. Even though hard time comes at times but ability to stand firm and carry on makes you proven for success.

Ralphjoe

There are several sources of funds that one can leverage on to fund one's desired businesses. You can select the source of fund that you can easily execute without much stress. The sources of business funds that I can recommend are as follows:-
1. Personal savings
Most people will start up their businesses from their various personal savings that they have gathered for a very long time. Although this on it's own cannot start up a decent business but with a combination of other sources of funds, it can actually start up a good business.

2. Loans
The most popular source of fund is actually loans because they are very easy to source and pay back but alot of people run away from taking loans because they are not sure of their ability.

3. Credit and thrift society
These sources of funds is similar to savings but it's quite different in that you can get a big fund to start up your business and be paying in instalments.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Funding a business should not be the problem if the idea is solid. You can keep your idea and work for a while in order to save some tangible amount of money. And you can even borrow from friends if your personal saving won't be enough and your last resort should be to collect loans from the bank. I am not already in support of this but it is a good source of funding business.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
There are several sources of funds that one can leverage on to fund one's desired businesses. You can select the source of fund that you can easily execute without much stress. The sources of business funds that I can recommend are as follows:-
1. Personal savings
Most people will start up their businesses from their various personal savings that they have gathered for a very long time. Although this on it's own cannot start up a decent business but with a combination of other sources of funds, it can actually start up a good business.

2. Loans
The most popular source of fund is actually loans because they are very easy to source and pay back but alot of people run away from taking loans because they are not sure of their ability.

3. Credit and thrift society
These sources of funds is similar to savings but it's quite different in that you can get a big fund to start up your business and be paying in instalments.
I've always loved personal savings as source to generate funds to take care of my business or establish one. Before i started my offline game console business in 2019. I saved for duration of one year to raise $1000 to start it up. Had it been i borrowed that money i don't think i would've made any profit from it. I could've been losses after loss. I make $70 on average for one month. Tell me how will i repay the loan had it been i started that way??

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I've always loved personal savings as source to generate funds to take care of my business or establish one. Before i started my offline game console business in 2019. I saved for duration of one year to raise $1000 to start it up. Had it been i borrowed that money i don't think i would've made any profit from it. I could've been losses after loss. I make $70 on average for one month. Tell me how will i repay the loan had it been i started that way??
Personal saving is the best as you have highlighted and even gave your reason but loan is still the best for the expansion of business. If your business needs like 52000 dollar for expansion, you can save this huge amount. That's why even the richest still borrow from bank. But for a start, personal saving is the best.

Setfragil

Start-up capital for a business has always been the most difficult thing to achieve when planning to start a business. The type of business you want to start and the size will go a long way in determining where to source funds. If the business is a small scale business you can seek grants or borrow money from friends and family but if it a big business you can source funds by getting a loan from the bank.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Personal saving is the best as you have highlighted and even gave your reason but loan is still the best for the expansion of business. If your business needs like 52000 dollar for expansion, you can save this huge amount. That's why even the richest still borrow from bank. But for a start, personal saving is the best.

That's true, when the business must have established we can decide to take loans when their is emergency, and urgent need for that. But since I'm not running a big business firm that has plenty debts to clear in order to stay healthy in the business Industry. I'll rather manage my small businesses and avid loan taking.

PICKFORD

Verified member
What are you raising funds for why not Go look for money or loan money. And start a good business. there a lot of business that I'm making so much money today you can do your research. As things are going now you don't need to depend on anyone to survive. so you have to look for a lucrative business that will fetch you good amount of money.

Briangsam

A big source of funding for entrepreneurs is friends and family. Friends and family members can provide funding in the form of debt (you must pay it back), equity (they get shares in your company), or even a hybrid (e.g., a royalty whereby they get paid back via a percentage of your sales). In the absence of that, you can look to work and save up or get a loan or grant.

Samuel72

Verified member
Business need capital for growth and expansion but in a situation where one has to sort for funds one can get a loan. And if you can get a loan then you can opt for business that does not require funds to start up doing business like drop shopping does require capital and when you start getting profit you can then focus on starting up the business you always wanted to do.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Crowd funding is getting popular. It is like inviting investors via social media. The business plan should be complete and convincing so that potential investors will not hesitate to give you their money. However, I still have to check if crowd funding is really accurate as per the reports. For me, I wouldn't invest in such a project online. It might be a scam.