Shares/Stock Speculating on the market price of the stocks is risky

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am still studying the stock trading although my main intention is for my stocks worth $20,000 to remain in my holdings until such time that I would need cash. However, a friend in the business said that it is better if I try to speculate so that it can occupy my mind. Actually I admit that I need to have something to work on to appease my grief on the loss of a loved one. Speculating means I would be trading - buy when the price is low and then sell when the price is high. That is exactly what the crypto investors are doing now. They buy and then they sell when there is a profit. With the stocks, that is a good advice. However, I am afraid that I may be losing sleep when I buy stocks today and tomorrow the price would drop. That would give me pressure and I am afraid to be stressed out. I don't have grave health issues but I do not want to be worrying too much.

Anyway, maybe in the weeks to come I can start speculating that will lead me to do my first trading. I still have the funds to buy so perhaps it is best to buy first before I sell.