Starting A Car Wash Business - Lucrative Or Not?

Rachael

Verified member
A friend of mine is finding some difficulty in choosing a line of business startup but after surveying the environment she lives, i noticed a perfect idea that a car wash business would be profitable but the challenge right now is that, she is a female gender and although she agrees 100% that the business idea is top-notch, she finds it difficult to bring herself to operate the business and she does not want someone to operate it on her behalf because she might run into losses. Well, I tried to encourage her that there is no business that is gender-biased and that with time, she would get used to the business and she would even be greatly patronized because it would be a challenge and would serves as an encouragement to others.

Well, this happened few months ago and just yesterday, she called me to inform me that the very same car wash idea I encouraged her to engage in has been hijacked by another person and guess what? The person running the business is a female just like her. She felt very depressed because she would have started the business first if she listened to me but she thinks of what people would say or think as if they are the ones feeding or footing her bills. These days, there is no business that is gender biased or kept solely for a particular gender. Men are into beauty salon businesses and women are now; drivers, mechanics, barbers and even truck drivers. Is this line of business lucrative in your location or not?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
To me I consider it to be a very lucrative business based on the population and where you are interested to start this business , If the population is really good you are going to make a lot of money from the business . A lot of people who are dealing in this type of business especially in the capital of most cities in Nigeria are making a lot of money with the business because the business is lucrative . Nowadays a lot of people may be too lazy to wash their cars on themselves but they will prefer to pay someone to do that .

One of the rule of business anywhere in the world is that if you can do anything that provide convenience to people a lot of people will always choose to pay for that because everyone are just interested in conveniences .

Anyone that is interested to start up this business over here needs to have their own capital because obviously generator will be needed as it is among one of the most important thing and other materials. It is the best for you to have all the necessary materials at least at the first stage of your business to attract more people.

Kendy

Verified member
Well, I really do not know much about starting a car wash business but I presume the business is a lucrative one because it is being operated by so many people in my geographical setting and from what I observed, the business is not capital intensive so with a minimum amount of money you can set up the business in an open space or you can even use an open field. The car wash business should be set up in a location where most of the inhabitants are car owners. It would be unprofitable to set up such business in a rural area where most people are bicycle riders and do not have the financial capacity to even purchase a tricycle, not to talk of a car. The business would also be profitable if it is being set up in a location that has constant water because the main aim is to get the cars washed and it cannot be achieved without water.

This business cannot be operated successfully by just one person and in most of the car was places I have come across, they are usually upto two persons operating the business, this is done because it would be wrong to keep the customers waiting for long and the business owner would likely loose customers to other competitors.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Car wash business is lucrative where I stay because I see a long line of cars waiting to be washed by the washers. The thing is that people have come to realize that car is no luxury any longer but a good means for mobility. So this has brought an imcreased in the numbers of cars plying the roads now
And a lot of these cars owners are very busy people that wants to drive clean cars but have no time for that so they need the services of these washers that have the time and the tools to wash their car clean. TV his service doesn't come cheap and some people even tip this washers to get their car washed at a speed too

so it is a lucrative business with the right tools and location.