Starting a Food Production Business. What are the requirements?

Haypril

With the present covid 19 pandemic and the threat it possess on the Nigerian economy, I see the need of starting up a business with the aim of maximizing profit and minimizing loss.
After much questions, research and observations from existing businesses, I have come up with an idea to start up a food production business since human can never have a enough of it and can hardly go a day or two with having their bellies filled. I want to go into sales of all kinds of food stuffs, from yam to potatoes to garri and many more of unprocessed foods.

To map out a plan for this business, I need your contributions and advice. Thanks as you share your thoughts.

Psalmseen

With the present condition of Nigeria. Food business is the best. No household can do without eating in a day, no matter the level of income, you must eat. Even if you are not working, you must eat. So to say, even the beggars, they buy food from the little money they make. On this note, food business is so lucrative that you make sales everyday and you need little or no advertisement for. You just need to tell some family friends as well as your friends around and inform them that you are into sales of food stuffs. You are not trying to promote any brand or product. You are not promoting rice nor beans

Segat

Starting a food production company is one the actions that one will never regret to take because it is productive and relevant always, no body both rich and poor that doesn't eat, food is food whoever your product attract is a function of your packaging. You must be decisive what exactly do you want to do in food production and this form all other things you will need.

Segat

Starting a food production company is one the actions that one will never regret to take because it is productive and relevant always, no body both rich and poor that doesn't eat, food is food whoever your product attract is a function of your packaging. You must be decisive what exactly do you want to do in food production and this form all other things you will need.
You can go into production of raw materials to a particular food company or be producing finished products or be selling the finished products, so those are the three phases you can have and all of them are hot cake. After making such decision then we can be talking about the man power needed for each of the phases.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

requirements for starting a food production business this depends on the individual who is going into such business since the business might require a location and also after the location, capital, enough capital, for you to start such business then you have to look at the market size and no how your consumer behaviour at the need and what they want before venturing into such business.

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view as a well experienced business man I will say before starting a food business you need to first of all of that the location of the business this is because food business need a good environment and location that the business can sell well and also you need a good capital in which you can use in starting the business in order for your business to be standard

Gilead

You know that you need to carry out market research, its a key part of any good business plan. This process helps you to identify your products suitable for your intended market, as well as for gauging that there is both a need for your product and space in the market for you to make money.What you need to always remember with this market research is that it’s not a once and done task. You need to always, especially in the first couple of years of a business, be measuring your success against this data. Are you getting closer to claiming your market share? Is your advertising showcasing what makes your brand or product unique? If you are asking and answering these questions, trusting your market research and making changes to your strategy based on how your business measures up, you’ll stand a better chance of succeeding.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There are many issues with a food production business. First is the quality of the product. Of course, the cooked food that is ready-to-eat should be delicious and clean. Sanitation and hygiene in the production area is a must otherwise it can cause issues with your products. With the raw materials there is also a concern for the freshness. I hope this helps.