Street dancing as a form of advert- effective or not?

Etini

Valued Contributor
I walked by a major road in my city, I saw large speakers and a kind of do with a hypeman in front of a building. Speakers were blaring loud music and I saw a boy and a girl dancing aggressively. I was forced to ask what was going on. I was told that they were creating awareness for a new release of a phone by one of the major mobile phone producers. Those dancers and the DJ were hired for this advertisement and awareness campaign.

Truly, this is another marketing strategy.
My challenge though is if this form of publicity and advertisement really works. If it does, which part of it is the cache that makes it work? Is it the music, the hypeman, or the dancers? What kind of product or service can be advertised this way? Have you seen this kind of advert before? Share your thoughts on it.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Some people find as unetichal way of advertising because when girls are dancing they just pay men attention and they could wear something that is not respectable, means play on men's emotions to do advertising seems to me not a proper way for advertise and therefore you could have a lot of problem from people criticizing such kind of events that seems not friendly @Etini.

E

eldavis

Street dancing as a from of advert for your business is pretty much effective, it would definitely get the attention of does around but them actually buying or doing business with you is another thing. I once came across a street show some time back. A store hired someone to dress up as a popular cartoon character and was dancing by the road, it actually got the attention of a lot of kids and their parents. That was when i noticed there was actually a store that sells kids clothes. I have been passing that place for months and i was never aware such a store existed until they did that advert.