Talk about failures you overcame in your business.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
You've probably heard the saying that failure is a success waiting to happen.
It's true, and we can all relate to that—there are times when we feel like our business is failing, or like we're not doing enough to make it work. But then, sometimes, something happens that changes everything: The next day, your team comes through with a new idea for how to grow your business; or you get an unexpected boost from an influencer who shares your product on social media. Things don't always go as planned, but they can turn around fast if you just keep pushing forward.

When we were getting started in our own businesses, we found that talking about our failures was the best way to learn from them and move forward. We learned which mistakes were worth repeating, and which mistakes could be avoided next time around. And we also figured out what helped us get back up when things went wrong—and how to do it better next time.

So talk about failures in your business! Share stories about how they've shaped who you are and what you're doing now—it's great inspiration for yourself and for anyone else who's interested.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I started my business 6 years ago and I could not sustain it up to a year so I always give good news does that I've been able to make their businesses stand the test of time it is not busy order still doable if you're ever to do your research effectively and also stick to what works for you

one issue I had with my business then was that I was following the bandwagon. I just copy what I saw others do successfully without doing my own appropriate research to be sure I can effectively carry out that business.

I have learnt from my past mistake that it is good to go for a business that we have the skills and knowledge than just copying and Pasting what others are doing. you might not get it right like them. so just go for a business that you can carry out appropriately.

Shaf

Verified member
In 2013, I got an Android phone and started looking for ways to make money part-time without skills and as a student. I signed up for more than 10 survey.sites with a new email, but I learnt the painful way that this does not work for someone who is in developing countries for one reason or another.

I invested money to start more than three network marketing businesses which was the worst business decision I've ever made. To put it simply, this is something that needs you to have a tough skin and determination to work and even travel. Get rich quick schemes like this only make a few people rich.

I've also searched for writing jobs online that never really got me any money, and then I tried selling foodstuffs from home, but people buy on credit and never pay back.

That's doesn't mean it's all failures though. I've made money with cryptocurrency and paid to post sites. I've also made money in transportation business and foodstuffs, but I'm still looking for something that can be a full-time business.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
It is actually true that failures moulds us and infact that is why they say we learn more from our mistakes even though I am of the opinion that success is also possible without any failure meaning you must not fail before you can be able to succeed.

But sure there are many recallable mistakes that I've made in the few businesses I have engaged in within my lifetime. One of the ones that really had huge effects on me and my business was a time when I under priced.

I thought that when I put a price that is very low and lesser than that of people and Businesses around me, I will be able to attract buyers and in one way or the other make better profit. But I only realised that it brought set back and loss to my business. The number of patronage at some point increased but it wasn't actually producing what I even used to have when I was selling at the conventional rate.