The advantages of a low paying job

King bell

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of advantages to having a low paying job. The first is that it forces you to live within your means. When you have a low paying job, you can't afford to buy a lot of things, so you have to be content with what you have. This can be a good thing, because it teaches you to be grateful for what you have and to not take things for granted.

Another advantage of having a low paying job is that it forces you to be creative and find ways to make money. If you only have a low paying job, you have to find ways to make money on the side. This can be a good thing, because it teaches you to be resourceful and to think outside the box.

Finally, having a low paying job can actually be good for your career. It can force you to learn new skills and to expand your horizons. It can also help you to network with other people in your field.

It's quite interesting that we need to be on difficult spots in life to sometimes bring out the best in us. Those are really excellent points that you've mentioned about a low paying job, and looking at how things have been for me too, it's the same.

The above is especially true when it comes to improving ones skills and expertise. For many people, the desire to get a higher paying job makes them study more or gain more expertise in their field.

For employers, it will allow them to cut costs while employing more people at the same time, something that can help in cases of high unemployment rates.

It does have disadvantages though, and it can be considered as unproductivity or incompetence on your part by future employers.
It also forces one to live below standard levels of living who is not ideal in any way and undesirable to us as humans. It can also affect dependents negatively especially children who are forced to live poor lifestyles.

Well this goes to show that no matter how bland a thing may look it does come with some benefits. And you capture the advantages so well that I'm seeing reasons with you. Though it looks like no one will deliberately want to go for a low paying job but life sometimes happens and leave one with no option but to pick low paying jobs.

I totally agree with you that you would put in a lot of work when you are at a low paying job because you would look for ways that you can make more money which will enable you to be more creative

You would be able to live by your means because you wouldn't even have the means of throwing around money. Maybe you can just be faking it still you made it but this will enable you to enjoy your little beginning which will really appreciate it when you have later hit it big. The bottom line is that no one should detest ones little beginning grab it with both hands and work towards achieving more in life

Low paying jobs might just be that stepping stone that can catapult one to greatness.

Though I would not want to see it as an advantage in anyway but you are absolutely right , another good point about a low paying job is that it prepares you with the necessary skills and experience on how to handle a bigger job with bigger income. It also grows you in terms of your reasoning. Though I believe the mindset still plays a major role, I have come across alot of persons who after managing a small paying job for years, end up misusing resources when they come across a better paying job.

I don't think that a low paying job has an advantage to a high paying job because high payments creates dedication to work for the employees it gives them motivation that at the end of the month they are going to collect something sustainable to feed their families it also increases productivity in the company.

There are also other good qualities which high payments jobs gives to the workers but when you say a low paying job I don't think that has much qualities but disadvantages to high paying job

low paying jobs gives the workers the ability to manage and budget their spendings and it also increases persiverance in jobs.

The disadvantages which I see in low paying jobs is the opposite of advantages of high paying jobs which is
It discourages the workers when they are working or facing hard times in the company they think back at how much they are earning this kills motivation to work in a company.

It also decrease productivity in the company as I said lack of good payment to workers kills motivation and when there is no motivation work won't progress as it should, this brings low in productivity to the company.