prakash89

If you are in a sales position where you are soliciting a product or service, there is some advice that might be helpful when speaking to other businesses. There are times during a year that are good times and other times that might not be so good. As I always state in any advice I give, every market is different, so this is more of a generalized theory than anything else.

Rather than get wordy and lengthy in my explanation and reasoning, I’ll give the best and worst times:

Best Times for B2B selling:

* The months of January and February. (First of year numbers start over)

* Between the dates of the 10th through 25th of any month except December. (Meat of month less bills)

* Between the 5th and 20th of December. (moves up a bit due to holidays)

* The last week in December. (Some companies like to dump excess funds to escape taxes)

* First of January, April, July & October (Typically first of each quarter for quarterly companies)

Worst Times for B2B selling:

* Any holiday period. (companies may be closed)

* The week leading up to the tax deadlines. (business owners stressed and sometimes facing big bills)

* The last week in December. (This is either hit or miss. While it can be the best, it can also be the worst)

* The end of March, June, September & December. (End of quarter for quarterly companies)

* Weekends. (This one is obvious, but Saturday and Sunday are probably the worst)

Again, these are generalized timeframes for business-to-business selling. If it’s business to customers, it’s a completely different ballgame because weekends are great for customers, along with holidays. You should always try to sell 365 days a year in some fashion, but put more emphasis on the prime, or best selling times.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Christmas is all about satisfaction of customers and if you can satisfy your customers to the best of your ability they may not question you to answer difficult questions, just make sure that the products or services are providing to the public is perfect

Briangsam

Ecommerce sales broadly follow people's daily patterns, with sales beginning to build from 7am, and growing throughout the rest of the day. While the peak hour is between 8pm and 9pm, sales volumes are consistently high from 3pm and begin to drop off after 10pm.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our country the best time for selling is during the Christmas season. That is the grandest and epic of all seasons when almost everyone would buy a gift or food items for the festivities. Also during that season companies would give their workers the so called Christmas bonus. That clearly means the consumers have the money to spend. Any salesman would say business is good during the months of October to January.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Lol, nice analysis of the favourable and unfavorable days of marketing products. Every product has their best season of selling. Their are season that brings lots of sales of commodities and their are time when you'll experience dip in sales of those items/products. During the festive time, food stuffs, meats sells exponentially.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is very comprehensive and I give you kudos for this wonderful analysis. Anyone who wants to go into marketing business or doing online ads must take this very seriously. Marketing is very serious out of my business and anyone who understand you very well must surely prosper in business. I will soon go fully into internet marketing and this will be very important for me.

Samuel72

Verified member
I am so super excited about your post this are things every business owner needs to know because it will prepare them on how to stock for sales. More also I just got to realize that celebration periods is not the only time there's high patronage but also during ending of almost every month in the year. This is really a great post I will surely put it into use.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
This is very comprehensive and I give you kudos for this wonderful analysis. Anyone who wants to go into marketing business or doing online ads must take this very seriously. Marketing is very serious out of my business and anyone who understand you very well must surely prosper in business. I will soon go fully into internet marketing and this will be very important for me.
If you have the right skills around digital marketing and knows how to promote brands, affiliate products caught the needed attention then you're set to go unto digital marketing. If you're accustomed with how influencing job works, then you should be better suited to thrive with digital marketing, and add more economic benefits as you deliver in the tasks required from you to execute.

Setho

VIP Contributor
In business I believe that they are always that particular time of the day or those periods in a year that will not be suitable for you to advertise your products but I think it is not going to be in general terms but instead it is going to depend on the business. That is why I would advise you to make your own independent research first.