The best ways to avoid covid with the face mask and face shield

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the Philippines part of the social distancing protocols is the wearing of mask outside the home. When you enter a public place the mask and the face shield are both required otherwise you will not be allowed entry to the supermarket or pharmacy. But how do we avoid covid with the face mask and face shield?

The face mask should be worn properly that the garter string should be taught so that the mask is fitted to the face with no gaps in between the face mask and the skin. To be sure of being safe you can wear 2 face masks at the same time. With the face shield it will block the virus in case it is airborne. But you have to clean the face shield once you reach your home. The face mask is disposable and not advised to be reused.

If you are using a cloth mask with three layers, the cloth masks are as effective s surgical masks and KN95 Masks. These cloth masks are washable and reusable. Face shield is absolutely not necessary as long as you have covered your mouth and nose properly. There is no research to prove that virus enters through the eyes.

During the rampant of the covid-19 virus in the world, my country feeds us with unreal data about those having it in my country, so they created panic in so many people. However, I go out often with my nose mask but I used it sensibly cos, I would not feel comfortable while breathing if it covers all my nose, so I do make adjustments most often.