The buy-1-take-1 promo of Pizza Hut

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When the competition in the pizza industry got tighter here with the entry of Yellow Cab and Greenwich Pizza the management of Pizza Hut reacted with a promo. The buy-1-take-1 means you buy 1 family size pizza and you get another family size with a different flavor for free. That promo was a big hit because people tend to test it. When we received 2 pizza for the price of 1 then that is a good one.

That promo seemed to put Pizza Hut competitors at bay. They couldn’t come up with the same promo and that makes me wonder how Pizza Hut could do it. After 10 years that promo is continuing like a regular thing already. Even Shakey’s Pizza could react with a pasta product but not with a promo like that of Pizza Hut’s buy-1-take-1.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The same promo is being run here in my locality and it has been running for years now. Well, I still believe they are still making their profit despite the promo. So It is a good strategy to get more customers to buy their pizza even if you didn’t want to but the promo is enticing

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It's a common marketing strategy in my country. Virtually all the stores do that kind of promo. They introduced what is called "Black Friday " this is when you will get the best discounts on the product you purchased. It could be by-1-take1 strategy or it could be by-2, take-1 free strategy. It depends on the supermarket's choice

A K Rao

Such promos have been in practice in our area now more than some years. Because of a lot of competition among the different pizza shops such schemes are coming into the existence and people are taking the advantage of them. Dominos is also giving a big discount on their products. Yesterday in India Dominos has announced 50% discount to a person if got vaccinated against Covid 19.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Buy one and get one free - This type of promo isn't new. We purchased such Pizzas many times. However expect in one hotel, I never got value for money with those Pizzas. However now in Covid times Pizza industry is also going down, so there are more promos, providing more and offering more; but we yet have to start buying outside edibles.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This kind of marketing campaigns are actually very effective but most of the times that I have seen the companies normally do it in such a way that they will be the ones that will run to a loss. Anytime you want to run something like this it is important that you ensure you do your calculations right.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This kind of marketing campaigns are actually very effective but most of the times that I have seen the companies normally do it in such a way that they will be the ones that will run to a loss. Anytime you want to run something like this it is important that you ensure you do your calculations right.
For sure Pizza Hut is earning a profit on that promo deal because it will not last for years. The competition had their promo of a different kind like buying a big pizza and you get a small one free. Still and all that promo did not last long maybe because the pizza company is not earning a profit from that kind of promo deal.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Buy one and get one for free works in two ways, one they are giving you inferior products along with your purchase; if this is not the case, the second reason is, they have already included the price of second product on their first product, therefore, they are giving you 2 products for the price of one.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
therefore, they are giving you 2 products for the price of one

Therefore, they are giving you 2 products for the price of 2 in the name of one.
This is the most common business strategy, First tag high price, then offer discount of something free.

they are giving you inferior products along with your purchase
I always rejected such sale, no interior product should be accepted. Those, who accept without checking, they waste money on it.