The collapse of the third largest cryptocurrency that already threatens the entire sector

Camilo Ramírez

Until just a week ago the cryptocurrency of the Ripple company, XRP, was considered, after Bitcoin and Ethereum, as the third largest cryptocurrency by market value in the world. It was one of the most popular and valued currencies, and even banks, such as Santander, maintained stable relationships with their creators for the development of this type of technology within their entities. But everything started to go wrong just before Christmas and it continues to do so. A lawsuit from the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has put the company on the tightrope and caused an earthquake in the sector. The reason? According to the SEC, XRP is not what it claims to be.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It really unfortunate that one of the altcoins I love ripple is undergoing this set back. Ripple is one coin I was investing in after litecoin and dogecoin but the way it going down Is really sad. This has made investors to withdraw their coins even exchanges like sitemap has stopped the trading and deposit of it on their platform. Well, let keep the finger crossed at least for the first quarter of this year and see how the lawsuit turns out

Josemendez

Verified member
It is very sad to see how SEC is trying to tarnish the image of this coin which has seem to have attracted many investors from round the world.

I think the issue first started when ripple moved out from US to Dubai , and ever since then , there has been plans for this by SEC.

I am quite confident that ripple will definitely win this case ,and when this is done , the price of this coin will surely skyrocket again.

my annoyance is that some exchange sites are actually delisting this coin .
Exchange sites should have backed up ripple at this trying time ,but they are all running for their own safety .

Chirunim

I just got this information now! You mean Ripple is falling?? I am trying hard not to express my exact feelings here...

My younger brother once advised me to invest so much in ripple and then I didn't have much idea or information about crypto currency so I declined. I haven't had interest in crypto currency, bitcoin, litecoin, ethereum, any of them.

And if there's something this information has done, it has discouraged me even more about crypto currencies, I know it pays, I know it works, but I don't want to try.

I wish everyone success in crypto, and I sympathize with those who invested in ripple, I hope you recover quickly.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That is traumatic time circling around Ripple (XRP) coin. They never expected this kind of torrid time coming their way through U.S SEC. U.S SEC accused the Cryptocurrency network, selling unregistered securities to third party members for the benefit of money. But Ripple community refuted about such claims, disclaiming wrongdoings. Let's just hope Ripple CEO and its chairman, represents Ripple admirably with all prove to
prove their innocence and restore back parity, and their status of being third largest Cryptocurrency.

Carson20t

Yes it really is so sad for ripple and all the investors tyat have had a cordial relationship with this wonderful coin.Ripple was so well organised and it is really amusing how they had to find themselves in such kind of a mess.I just hope that it will be rectified soonest so that it can pick up its pieces and start to rise again in order to boost the confidence in the investors once again.It's just a phase but am optimistic that it will bounce back,