The dangers of staff in an office knowing each other's salaries.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I once worked for an organization that seemed like a cult. In this organization, the boss warns every staff not to disclose their pay package to any other staff. Even his secretary did not have access to the payroll. From the first day I negotiated my salary there, I was told by the boss not to let any staff know how much I was being paid. And truly, the day I discussed my increment in salary with fellow staff, the said staff resigned.

If as a manager or CEO, you know that people are being paid at different levels in an organization, you should try as much as possible to keep the payroll a secret to avoid chaos and rancor in the organization. You should advise staff not to discuss their increment when they get it. I understand that some staff is being paid more than others based on the value they offer. It has to be done codedly to avoid organizational crises.

I totally agree with you that salary paid to each person's in an office or the workplace should not be known to one another I think this is one of the things or areas in the workplace that should be kept in private because it has nothing to do with a group of individuals

It is just an individual thing you know human beings always full of greed,jelousy and envy so it is always good so keep certain information away from one another and I want to believe in the saying that what ones don't know about wouldn't hurt the person

Some persons won't feel good if the other person's salary is disclosed to them especially if the person is earning higher than them Jealousy will set in and you know jealousy is a negative energy and well-being negative reactions so this is one information that should be kept away from employees in an office.

But I think in an organization or a working company there are different levels of employee, especially when it has to do with the graduates and non graduates,, as a non graduates you don't expect equal payment with the graduates.

In most companies we have cleaners, drivers, securities, like in the banks you don't expect equal payment for everyone because they're not doing same task, the cashier's earn more than the securities and the securities earn more than the cleaners, so you also have to get this in mind.