The effect of road regulations on the trucking business

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The law can sometimes impede the smooth flow of business operation. In the metro there is the so called truck ban during the day. That means trucks with more than 4 wheels cannot use the road from 6 am up to 9 pm. It is obvious that law had affected very much the logistics company.

First remedy is to make the deliveries at night which is easy to think of. However, some deliveries are on a short notice with demand to be delivered within office hours. Such products like computers and other office supplies had to undergo spot checks so the time of delivery is preferred to be in the day time. Some logistics companies have bought small trucks with 4 wheels which enabled them to make deliveries any time.

A K Rao

Yes, I agree that because of the regulations laid out on the trucks during the day time there can be a hindrance of free movement in the day time especially in the big cities.

But now the things are getting changed in our country as the major cities have come up with the ring roads which allow the vehicles to travel on them throughout the day and night and thus preventing trouble to the truckers and Other Vehicle owners.

Josemendez

Verified member
The law can sometimes impede the smooth flow of business operation. In the metro there is the so called truck ban during the day. That means trucks with more than 4 wheels cannot use the road from 6 am up to 9 pm. It is obvious that law had affected very much the logistics company.

First remedy is to make the deliveries at night which is easy to think of. However, some deliveries are on a short notice with demand to be delivered within office hours. Such products like computers and other office supplies had to undergo spot checks so the time of delivery is preferred to be in the day time. Some logistics companies have bought small trucks with 4 wheels which enabled them to make deliveries any time.
The truck in my country has caused a lot of accident during the day and thus has been subjected to make night deliveries . Secondly , it is good that they are regulated because they can destroy roads when they fail to follow the right part meant for them.
It is even better that small trucks are in used than the big ones because of the effect they can have on the road.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Truck business is definitely a very lucrative business but I think with a requires a lot of money to start. Because of some accidents that trucks cause on the major roads in my country there has been a very strict road regulations protecting them and also regulating their movement. In some major cities trucks don't move around the time but the only move around in the midnight.

Setho

VIP Contributor
In many underdeveloped and developing countries they do not have the enough resources to produce wide roads to accommodate The rising traffic. This is the reason why they normally advise courier services to use small vehicles because this large trucks normally cause a lot of traffic amount into several hours which is generally not good for the economy.