The importance of small steps in achieving big things

General01

A story was told of a boy and his dad . They were walking through a foggy path and the boy said to the Dad, "Daddy, I can't see my destination" and the dad replied "can you see your next step?" And the boy replied "yes" and the Dad said "take it"
-take the next step!

Often times we dream of big things, we are so thrilled up by the desire of achieving things the big way that we forget to take next small step.

We often forget that in other to make it to the dream destination, our small visible steps are equally important in making that happen .

Violation of this essential principle of life is the reason why alot don't want to work. They are always in the lookout of one big way to make it big and often times neglecting the small little things that are capable of making them arrive at their dream destination.

Small is the new big! In as much as it is good to aim high and dream of incredible hieghts the little things we do daily equally makes that big dreams come true
In a nutshell, Take the next step! You must'nt see your Destination at the moment in other to arrive there!!

what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
In life it is always best to start small, I see people rushing into business and they have little or no practical experience about the time of business they intend to establish and when you advice them to stay little by little they outrighly becomes angry and feel you are trying belittle them, forgetting that Rome was not built in a day. The key to having a big and successful business mostl times I starting little by little. Lkie the saying goes little drops of water makes a mighty ocean. This also applicable in business. As one might even need to go and serve as an apprentice under someone else in other to get the best information and practical knowledge about the business that will enable the person to become a better leader and manager of his own business in the future. The key is always starting little by little.

Yes and like you said in the story, small steps are important in achieving one's goal. I have a lot of Things I hope of achieving I do divide my goals into two; the short term goal and the long term goal. The long term goal is the main goal while the short-term goal are series of achievement points I ought to take In order to achieve the main goal. For example, if someone's goal is to be a pilot, his main goal is being a pilot in future while his short goals can be studying in college, passing his examination and then forward to aviation college in order to attain his main achievement. So the short goals are series of goals or success points used as a guide to attain the main goal. like they say, slow and steady wins the race

I have never despised no look down on my little beginnings and one attribute I salute myself is the ability to be contented although I am ambitious and not reluctant when it comes to pursuing my goals. We have the short term goals and the long term goals and each of these are achieved at different levels and timeframe. My short-term goals is to; graduate from the university, which I would soon achieve that if the industrial strike action is called off, learning a skill or a trade offline and having a savings of about $400 which would help me to plan my life immediately after graduation and when it come s to my long-term goals, hopefully, I would like to further my education to the highest peak of academic qualifications. I will want to build a reputable hotel where expatriate would be recommended to lodge, I would want to invest in real estate by purchasing of lands and houses to put tenants, I would also like to a philanthropist, where I donate to charity at every slight opportunity. Those who became billionaires today had started with small steps and one of those who inspires me with their little beginnings is Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook.

It is being said that a journey of a thousand miles starts with a steps. Taking small steps with consistency brings about success in any project which include working online to create Internet business.

I discovered taking baby steps when I was reading you Robert kiyosaki's book. He is fond of asking a question that how will you eat an elephant? He said one bite at a time. And this helps to strike home the idea of taking a baby self to achieve something worthwhile.

Are usually applied this strategy to everything I want to do and it works for me consistently. there was a time I want to start blogging my problem is how to write content for my blog consistently.

I discover that it is very important to break a large content into small pieces. This means if you want to write an article which is 2000 words. I usually start with first hundred world which usually don't take more than 10 minutes to get started.

it means I have to write 100 words in 20 times in a day before I write an article of 2000 words or more in length. I applied this method and I was able to crank close to 300 unique contents for my website and I feel good about it because I have never done it before.

One of the biggest challenges faced by anyone who is looking to achieve a big goal is figuring out how to get started. It can be easy to fall into the trap of putting things off, thinking that you need a big, dramatic step in order to make progress toward your goals. But if there's one thing i have learned over the years, it's that small steps are often as effective as big ones—and sometimes more so.
I believe that most goals are achievable through a series of small steps. Whether it's a personal health goal, like getting more exercise or eating healthier foods, or a business goal, like establishing better organization practices in your workplace or increasing sales on your e-commerce platform, they're all achievable through committing to a series of small steps and checking off one at a time.

For example, if you're trying to eat healthier foods and cut back on sugar, you might start out by planning to eliminate soda from your diet and replace it with water or fruit juice instead. But if you've never tried that before, it could seem daunting—so you might start by just replacing some of your soda with water or fruit juice instead. And maybe you won't even try to do it every day at first! Just start.

What you've said in your contents is inch perfect. We should start from somewhere and not trying to achieve it all within short period of time. Life isn't about hurry, any one who is hurrying to make it fast in life, enters into trouble of entering into scam. I am always careful with earning money online and offline to stay away from putting myself inside trouble. I love the adage that says, slow and steady, since I don't have any financial help at the moment, I am doing everything on my own to raise funds for myself to start a business of my own online and grow it gradually until I achieve something meaningful in my life and not being dependent on anyone for life.

If you really want to become successful in life you must try as much as possible to understand that success cannot be achieved overnight but with consistency and hard work you will definitely succeed. A lot of people have the mindset of trying to achieve a lot of things within a short period of time and after some time they will realise that it doesn't really work that way. If you read books written by people who have succeeded in so many ways ranging from business to a lot of other things you would realise that they failed so many times but their ability to keep going is what have brought them to where they are today. if you want to become a millionaire for example you must start somewhere in the sense that it is very much important you discipline yourself and try as much as possible to acquire the necessary knowledge required of you. Almost every successful business people around the world have the level of knowledge it takes to achieve that particular feat. It takes small steps for you to reach your long destination. It is very much important your try as much as possible to be visionary and at the same time, divide your long-time goals into daily tasks.