The Most Essential Skills You're Building While Working From Home

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
It's no secret that working from home is a great way to get more done without having to leave your house. But it's also important to remember that you're still working. you just have a different set of skills than the people who work in an office every day.

So while you're sitting at your desk or lounging on your couch, learning the basics of how to use all the tools you need, here are the most essential skills you're building:

1. Networking

You'll meet others who are likewise attempting to improve their lives, and they'll meet you.

2. Time Management

There are many things happening in your life right now, so it's critical that nothing falls through the gaps.

3. Communication

It's hard enough staying connected with so many people from around the world without having trouble getting their attention when you need it! So, establish great communication skills to make people feel heard and understood.

4. Figure Out Where Your Priorities Lie

You might be getting a lot done, but if all those tasks are in service of someone else's goals, they aren't necessarily fulfilling yours. It's important to figure out what matters most to you and make sure that is reflected in everything that goes on in your life.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Working online from home may seem that you are not growing in any way. But in real sense, there are so many ways in which you become better.

1. You learn self discipline. It takes a lot of self control and discipline to work without being accountable to another person. The more you push yourself to work online daily, the more you learn to respect your time and efforts.

2. You become better at time management. If you don't have to depend on a manager's schedule to work, then you have achieved a great level of time management. This is because you are the one guiding yourself and deciding on what you want to spend your time on.

3. You network and learn a lot. There are so many people that you encounter while working online. It could be clients, fellow workers or people you subcontract to. Those people teach you a lot and expand your pool of opportunities.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes you will definitely meet a lot of people in the online space as long as you are working online , but working online to me has advantage and disadvantage ..

you may have opportunity to make a lot of money on your free time and without any stress which is an advantage but at the same time it offers a certain disadvantage in the sense that you may have difficulty fitting into a crowded organisation because you are not used to it and some other weired things related to physical interaction with people..

Well , that is just by the way as this can be improved over time , working online generally has a lot of advantage to so many people including me because I can definitely organise my time and works whenever it suits me . I am even learning and looking forward to learn and explore other ways of making money on the internet.