The role of medicare in retirement

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There's no disputing the fact that sicknesses tends to be hyper when it comes to some age range. And the most hit range is always the retirement age of about 60 and above. This is why one needs to plan for retirement appropriately and one's health inclusive.

Thr truth remains that your health needs when you were working and active will be quite different with the ones you would be having at retirement. This is why you would need to plan ahead for it by either setting aside money as your health funds or having a health insurance in place. Doing any of these two will be a kind of financial security for you because health care costs increases as the day goes by.

When you have a planned medicare in place for your retirement, you would enjoy robust medical coverage, have 100% access to preventable and remedial health care and good access to expansive provider network.

The need to have a suitable health care in place for retirement can't be overemphasized as a lot of people would feel good when they realized they did the best thing to have this in place before hand.

What's your thought on this?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am not keen on getting a medical insurance in my old age because it is not really good in our country. When you are using a medical card you get low priority in the consultation and even in the confinement you are always last in the list of reservation. What we need here is a connection to the doctor or hospital. It is a sad situation what we have here. In my case I have a good connection with a government hospital that I get priority when I need consultation. Last month when I underwent lab test and x-ray I didn’t wait too long. My contact in the hospital assisted me so I did not need to fall in line. However, I understand that when my hospital contact would retire then I would have no more patron that I probably would need to go to a private hospital. A paying patient in a private hospital always gets the priority over the card bearing patient.

raaman

Valued Contributor
There's no disputing the fact that sicknesses tends to be hyper when it comes to some age range. And the most hit range is always the retirement age of about 60 and above. This is why one needs to plan for retirement appropriately and one's health inclusive.

Thr truth remains that your health needs when you were working and active will be quite different with the ones you would be having at retirement. This is why you would need to plan ahead for it by either setting aside money as your health funds or having a health insurance in place. Doing any of these two will be a kind of financial security for you because health care costs increases as the day goes by.

When you have a planned medicare in place for your retirement, you would enjoy robust medical coverage, have 100% access to preventable and remedial health care and good access to expansive provider network.

The need to have a suitable health care in place for retirement can't be overemphasized as a lot of people would feel good when they realized they did the best thing to have this in place before hand.

What's your thought on this?
When we become old, our activities in our day to day life also become less and less. Therefore, it is no wonder that we find retired people falling sick with one ailment or the other.

As a matter of fact, some health cover should be there while we are working and also when we retire. It is but true that we are all active, and remain active during our working years.

So, naturally, the health needs in our working life will be quite different from that, which arises when we retire from active service. I think almost all establishments and workplaces would be given some sort of medical aid while they are in service.

There may also be a similar medical scheme when they retire. If such a medical facility is not given by any employer for the retired life of their employees, health insurance is the only available option.