Real estate Things I wish I knew earlier

greenieS

Verified member
Real estate is not related to property, financing or pre-contracts.

They have a connection with people. I had to work hard for a while before I realized that people don't buy what a real estate agent thinks is a "good deal." I was amazed to find then (and still am) that - apart from the initial requirements that a buyer declares to you - the “winning” offer is often one that has little to do with the initial thinking. People buy emotionally. People have different evaluation criteria from each other and are clearly different from the “technical” thinking of a real estate agent. People do not buy square meters, but emotions transmitted by "something" of the property. So, if you make a bid after bid and get rejection after rejection, I recommend that you (re) discuss with your customers what they want, instead of assuming you already know.

Don't hire someone you know.

Well, I didn't do that, considering that you can have more confidence in acquaintances. How wrong I was! Friendship is not a contractual criterion. The thing is, you and your friend will have opposing views on the benefits of the situation. You think he'll be the perfect tenant; he thinks you will be the perfect owner. It is a conflict of perspective that cannot be easily resolved. If the problems created by any tenant can be solved legally - as a last resort - in the case of acquaintances, you ruin your friendship and, in addition, you risk discussions and upsets with the whole circle of collateral knowledge.

Never work with real estate agents who are your relatives.

The theorem "kinship does not reconcile with the quality of employee" is perfectly applied in real estate business! From the relatives I had the biggest disappointments: lack of punctuality, professionalism, unnecessary comments, lack of procedures, comments on statements, salaries and commissions and many others. When you become an entrepreneur, your perspective on business and life in general undergoes a major maturation and change.

Your relatives, who are still employed, may not have had the benefit of experiencing the experiences of entrepreneurship and more than likely have no idea what it is like to invest a lot of time and money in a business and what you expect from them. as a result, they will treat them superficially or - moreover - they will have preferential treatment claims. So, as long as the law does not consider discrimination to reject employment on the basis of kinship, I can strongly suggest that you do so.

There is no one-size-fits-all method in real estate.

There is no best choice, or flawless algorithm. There is no such thing as the best agent or the best chance. Although I recommend that anyone not miss out on the opportunity to enjoy it, keep in mind that not every property has an opportunity.

How do you distinguish the advantageous ones? Through a chain of experiences over time, by testing good and bad business, by open-mindedness and by creating very strict personal rules regarding investments.

The internet is full of tips from real estate “gurus” everywhere, but as long as each property and situation is unique, their advice can be applied very limited.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Certainly business should be official and not attached on family relationship or friendship .To succeed in business we need to succeed in understanding man but then , we should know we can't be 100 % right always , so we should learn to ask questions .

D

Deleted member 28127

Most of the internet full of tips from real estate becomes deprecated by the time then, for example, a piece of information from 2019 about real estate tips is no longer available in 2020 or 2021 or 2022 because there is a lot of changes even between one month and another month means by other words most of the bloggers doesn't update this part or may speak once and go to speak about some other things, blogs about real estate are fewer one because most of them are handling many informative subjects on the same time by the same manner means a piece of short information for each subject.