Things you can do when you are retired

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Before I reached retirement age I have learned about the issue of idleness. There is a saying in our culture that if stop working then you get weak and you eventually get sick. That’s not a good situation to be in because my idea of a retired person is to enjoy his remaining life. The first in the list is money and I have that. The 2nd in the list is the occupation which is very important for the mental health.

1) One of the things that a retired person can do is to join groups particularly the seniors or the church choir maybe. You will gain friend in such groups that can somehow give motivation instead of boredom.
2) Another occupation is attending workshops to learn skills like cottage industries, writing, or even about entrepreneurship.
3) For those with business acumen a home-based business would be best because it is not tedious and you don’t need to travel a lot. The objective is to do something just to be occupied.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
When I retire, I want to start visiting my friends and making reunion. And also, I will make vacation my hobbies. It is time of rest and so I just utilize it judiciously. I need to make sure I am running a petty business or invest in some short term business which can also give me some cash and then exercise with good food.