Top ten ways to make extra money that ACTUALLY work

King bell

VIP Contributor
I've never come across a job that pays as well as I need it to and I'm tired of being broke. If you want to make more money but don't want to work any more hours, the best thing you can do is learn how to get a high paying second job. I've heard there are plenty of ways that actually work, but are they really worth it?

If you're like many people out there, having a full time job isn't really cutting it anymore.
Here are the top 10 ways to make extra money that ACTUALLY work.

1) Sell your old stuff for cash.
2) Sell your old clothes for cash.
3) Join a website like Fiverr and earn a few dollars doing small, easy tasks like writing content on Pay Per Post websites or copy-writing blog posts.
4) If you're really ambitious, try out the Reddit Secret Santa program where you buy and sell original creations with Redditors in real-time - then receive a gift in return!
5) Become self-employed by editing Wikipedia articles or updating newswire stories on sites such as Storyful, InQuirer, and even The Atlantic Wire.
6) Do odd jobs for cash.
7) Sell on eBay, Etsy, or Craigslist.
8) Don't know anything about computers? Become 'tech support' for your family members and friends by charging them a small fee per issue.
9) Use an online service like Fiverr or Mechanical Turk to perform micro tasks that companies need completed.
10) Get paid in cash to track your fitness activity with something like FitBit or Jawbone UP by completing surveys and offers from companies such as Discovery Health, Viggle, and CVS Health.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The things that I am always on the lookout for on any platform is what will give me good income and not peanuts. Most of the online platforms where we can make money will give you peanuts and this peanut will not be enough to foot your bills. So, this always better to be on the lookout for a platform or website that will give you a very good amount of money that will be commensurate to what you're doing or the work that you are putting in. That is when it could be termed as being making money online. I have not been working full-time online because I have not gotten enough website that could fetch me close to $15 in a day. if I can get one that will fetch me such an amount of money on a single day , i will definitely opt-in for working as a full-time online. $15 in a day is a huge sum of money in my country and it will be able to cater for the family of 5. This is probably the thing that I'm always on the lookout for but if I do not have that lead, it will be very difficult for me to work full time online.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Sure these are cool ways to make extra income and I think where you talked about charging family and friends small amounts to perform some tasks for them is where I am stocked because I really find it hard to charge people close to me for some little help I offer to them. I don't mean to say it is bad for those that do it, not at all. Am just saying that personally, I don't think that is a way to make extra income for me especially if the jobs are just little ones and may not require much time or hard work.

And talking about Fiverr I have been really hearing a lot on it but am still yet to understand what it is all about. I joined a group that discusses about it but I'm so confused don't know if anyone here can help me with more information

Mika

VIP Contributor
If $100-$200 is all you need, I do not have to say anything, however, if you want to make real money, let's say $2000-$3000 per month or even more, you got to try something that is worthy t make money. Selling digital products is one of the best ways to make money online because you can sell the same product again and again and make money continuously. You can sell any kind of product such as digital courses, ebooks, video clips, podcasts, digital arts, workbooks, design templates, etc. Even though you can sell digital products from other marketplaces, creating your own digital product shop is better than using a third-party store. You can either create a shop and sell your own digital products, or create a multi-vendor shop and allow other people to sell their items as well, and earn commission from products sold by the vendors on your website.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Thank you very much for letting us know about the top ten ways to make extra money. I have already tried some of the ways you mention in your thread and they actually work. Your ideas are fantastic. I will surely try some more ways which I think that are very profitable, so as to increase my earnings.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Sure these are cool ways to make extra income and I think where you talked about charging family and friends small amounts to perform some tasks for them is where I am stocked because I really find it hard to charge people close to me for some little help I offer to them. I don't mean to say it is bad for those that do it, not at all. Am just saying that personally, I don't think that is a way to make extra income for me especially if the jobs are just little ones and may not require much time or hard work.

And talking about Fiverr I have been really hearing a lot on it but am still yet to understand what it is all about. I joined a group that discusses about it but I'm so confused don't know if anyone here can help me with more information
Fiverr is a good place for someone with digital skill to make money online. There are lots of people that are making cool cash there. But with that, it is not easy to start making money on the website. I have tried it many times but failed. I am not saying that you can not be successful if you try it. But what I am trying to say is that you will need to be prepared to datrg making money on the platform.

And what I mean is that you will need to learn from experts that are already making money in the platform. And to do that you will have to search about there tips from blogs or YouTube. I would say that YouTube will be better because you will have to see there videos on how they are doing it and making money from the platform. You can also pay some of them to teach you. But one thing I don't like about this is that there are scammers who has nothing to teach but to collect your money. So the best option is YouTube.

uforwealth

Verified member
Some of what you wrote require skills apart from selling old clothes or stuff.

You can not continue to sell your old stuff because there will be a time when none will be left. So, selling stuff or clothes is not a reliable and permanent source of income. What you need is a skill.

Acquisition and application of one skill or another is one of the various ways people make money online nowadays. People learn skills and make use of them to earn income on freelance websites such as Fiverr, peopleperhour, freelance and so on.

Try to learn skills.Examples of skills you can learn is copywriting and content writing skills,if you really want to make a lot of money online.

E

eldavis

There one thing we should always have at the back of our minds. These methods are indeed good ways to make money online, there is no doubt about that but the major issue here, which many fail to understand is that it does not just happen instantly. People assume once they join freelancing sites or start selling things, they would start making money instantly, but the truth of the matter is that it takes time to grow the business and most importantly besides hard work, consistency is needed as well.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes there are practicing ways by which you can make money and
these methods are great ways to make money online, but they are not easy to achieve but the good thing is that they are doable

As already state you can sell your old stuff for cash msybe on ebay it is a site to start with. on there you can sell old clothes for cash.

Then another ways is joining a website like Fiverr and earn a few dollars doing small, easy tasks like writing content or doing copy-writing .

it Is good to become self-employed too by doing different jobs online.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are actually many ways to make money on the internet or even offline that works. It is important you try as much as possible to acquire the necessary skills and put them into practice to become successful.

It may not be easy but you need some level of consistency to be successful. I quite agree with you that taking online survey works but you must be in a top-tier country and snother thing is that you shouldn't expect a lot of money from it because it is not sustainable.

Selling things online is also another good way people use to make some good amount of money for themselves.

Caramelle

Considering the inflation rate and economic uncertainties, it is often a necessity to take on a second job or engage in other money-making activities.

If you're working full-time five days a week without overtime opportunities, you may want to consider increasing your income by doing the same job for another company on Saturdays or after work hours. While other people may find it monotonous, it does promote mastery and efficiency. It can also help you diversify your income sources for the same skill set.

Another way to increase your income is by joining micro-jobs platforms. These sites offer quick jobs that you can do online anywhere. They're relatively easy to do and do not require high-level skills.

Freelance writing can be a profitable side job if you take it seriously. You can make decent money in a content mill if you can write about a wide range of topics.