Use a 457 Retirement Plan Account to avoid individual tax bill?

Holicent

VIP Contributor
The 457 retirement plan account is a great way to save for retirement. But you need to be aware of the tax consequences and make sure you get all the information you need before making any decisions about your 457 plan.

You can use a 457 retirement plan account to do away with your individual tax bill.

There are two main ways that you can use your 457 retirement plan account:

1) You can pay yourself out of it, so that it's just like an ordinary savings account and you don't have to worry about taxes; or related.

2) You can put money into a self-managed super fund (SMSF), which is what most employers offer as an alternative to a traditional pension scheme; then there's no tax on the earnings until they're withdrawn as cash.

With a 457 plan account, you can minimize the impact that taxes have on your investment returns. And if you're already contributing to your 457 retirement plan account, then it's likely that your contributions are tax deductible.

Heartstrings

This is a very good idea and I know some that doesn't know about this will definitely want to try it out and I applaud you for such insight. Paying yourself out of it is really a good thing and can make one to consider using it,taxes could be frustrating atimes. The first time I heard about this 457 retirement plan account was from a devasted man who wants to make use of it,that's it's better than, someone he trust with his plans to betray him..

When it comes to retirement funds or rather saving, we all need to be extra careful with it cos that money is meant for you to make use of in the future and not to carelessly give it away to someone else or scammers, before saving, especially your life savings,be careful,lay down your plans first, how you want to go through it all before starting to save with no critical plans.